It is a really exciting time to be at Extra Space Storage! We got our start in 1977. Today we are a New York Stock Exchange-traded company leading the self-storage industry in more ways than one. But in order to maintain this lead, we need exceptionally motivated, capable, and driven people like you. We offer a fast-paced collaborative environment where each of us directly contributes to the company’s success. Come join us and find out why so many of our employees recommend us as a great place to work.
We are currently hiring for an Acquisitions Analyst at our corporate offices located in Salt Lake City, Utah. In this role, you will work directly with the Real Estate Department in gathering and analyzing information needed for possible investments and real estate acquisitions. You will also be responsible for developing preliminary reviews and interpretations of potential acquisitions and formulate the findings into reporting protocols used by the company.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review financial statements and prepare preliminary valuation of real estate assets
- Assist in the evaluation of investment returns based on cap rates, discounted cash flows, use of leverage and Illustrate trends and possible risks of potential opportunities.
- Develop underwriting and modeling for potential market strategic opportunities
- Review financial and operational due diligence materials for acquisitions
- Assist with the development of Operations’ department budgets for properties under contract and reconciles with original underwriting
- Coordinate closings with the Operations Department to ensure a smooth transition of newly acquired properties
- Prepare and assemble proration information for closings and verify accuracy of closing statements
- Perform post-closing reconciliations
- Travel to trade shows and property audits as market opportunities develop
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or a related discipline required; Master’s Degree preferred.
- Two to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to work well with strict deadlines
- Proven ability to build relationships at all levels within assigned area
- A creative approach to problem solving, with a humble, team oriented and optimistic attitude
- Ability to effectively translate complex information into clear and effective messages
- Communicates clearly and effectively with both internal and external associates
- Strong verbal and written presentation skills and the acumen to communicate complex ideas in a simple way and to tailor key messages and presentation style to multiple audiences
- Goal-oriented and possesses the ability to prioritize on a consistent basis in an ever-changing environment
We pride ourselves on hiring top talent and provide you the following benefits and more:
- Well defined career paths
- Qualify for Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits on Day 1
- Health Savings Account (HSA) or Flexible Spending (FSA)
- Company paid Life, AD&D, and Short & Long Term Disability
- 401K with company match after 90 days of service
- Holiday pay and paid time off
- Extensive Wellness Program and various Employee Discount Programs
- Personal Health Advocate
- Free soda, coffee, and drinks all day every day and much, much more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
If you are a current Extra Space employee, please apply through the "Find Internal Career Openings" in Workday
Extra Space Storage is the second largest operator of self-storage facilities in the U.S. Since we were founded in 1977, we’ve taken the storage industry by storm. In 2015 alone we added 1.6 Billion dollars in new acquisitions to our already large property portfolio.
The cornerstone of Extra Space Storage is successful partnerships with our stakeholders, partners, investors and customers. Our goals are driven by an impassioned, dedicated workforce that thrives in the innovation driven corporate environment. We are the best, at getting better!
Our Team Makes Us EXTRAordinary
Knowledge is power and experience is valuable. This is why we strive to attract the best candidates for every position at Extra Space Storage. Every position is valuable to our success from our executive management team, corporate employees, on-site managers and call center team.
Offering a Career Path Paved with Innovation and Satisfaction
Attracting the best candidates in any field requires a commitment to job satisfaction. At Extra Space Storage, job satisfaction is high, this is why we have one of the best retention rates in the business. We know that our success depends on our team loving their jobs!
An Extra Space employee is number one valued and knows they are invaluable to the team, customer and company. Second they are passionate enjoying a challenging and rewarding career path armed with the tools they need to succeed. Add a fun work culture and spectacular offices makes Extra Space a pretty amazing place to work.