It is a really exciting time to be at Extra Space Storage! We got our start in 1977. Today we are a New York Stock Exchange-traded company leading the self-storage industry in more ways than one. But in order to maintain this lead, we need exceptionally motivated, capable, and driven people like you. We offer a dynamic environment where each of us directly contributes to the company’s success. Come join us and find out why so many of our employees recommend us as a great place to work.
We are currently hiring for a Benefits Analyst at our corporate offices in Salt Lake City, UT. In this position, you will be responsible for providing technical and analytical support for our Total Rewards programs. In particular, you will perform the data analytics to understand cost trends and patterns. The role will also provide analytical, operational and administrative support to the retirement and compensation programs.
What you'll be doing:
- Performs day-to-day analysis of employee benefit programs including health, dental, vision, disability, life, and employee assistance program, as directed by HR leadership.
- Works with HR leadership to perform day-to-day analysis to support retirement, incentive and compensation analysis to support the attraction and retention of top talent
- Analyzes in detail all aspects of the Extra Space self-funded health plan. Works with HR leadership to ensure third party vendors, accounting, HR, and Executive leadership have correct and viable information.
- Conducts monthly reconciliations of invoices and maintains appropriate tracking. Manages and audits invoices before submitting for approval.
- Assists in providing correct data for HR leadership and management to make important decisions surrounding all employee benefit programs, procedures, changes, and government-mandated disclosures.
- Assists HR leadership in gathering, analyzing, evaluating, and recommending outside companies and services.
- Assists with the resolution of problems related to payment of benefits.
- Generates regular reports as directed by HR leadership to ensure all those reliant on information have current data.
- Prepares and submits government-mandated reports (OSHA, 401(k) testing, etc)
- Audits benefit plans and performs reconciliations for compliance with government regulations.
- Analyzes government regulations, benefit program trends, and prevailing practices among similar organizations.
What you'll need to be successful:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field of study or at least five years of combined education and relevant experience in related field with significant exposure to and understanding of employee benefits.
- Knowledge of benefit-related regulations and requirements including; ACA, ERISA, COBRA and HIPAA is preferred.
- 3+ years of intermediate MS Excel skills including; pivot tables, Vlookup, formulas and analysis required.
- Familiarity with Workday HRIS application preferred.
- Well defined career paths
- Qualify for Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits on Day 1
- Health Savings Account (HSA) or Flexible Spending (FSA)
- Company paid Life, AD&D, and Short & Long Term Disability
- 401K with company match after 90 days of service
- Holiday pay and paid time off
- Extensive Wellness Program and various Employee Discount Programs
- Personal Health Advocate
- Free soda, coffee, and drinks all day every day and much, much more!
If you are a current Extra Space employee, please apply through the "Find Internal Career Openings" in Workday
Extra Space Storage is the second largest operator of self-storage facilities in the U.S. Since we were founded in 1977, we’ve taken the storage industry by storm. In 2015 alone we added 1.6 Billion dollars in new acquisitions to our already large property portfolio.
The cornerstone of Extra Space Storage is successful partnerships with our stakeholders, partners, investors and customers. Our goals are driven by an impassioned, dedicated workforce that thrives in the innovation driven corporate environment. We are the best, at getting better!
Our Team Makes Us EXTRAordinary
Knowledge is power and experience is valuable. This is why we strive to attract the best candidates for every position at Extra Space Storage. Every position is valuable to our success from our executive management team, corporate employees, on-site managers and call center team.
Offering a Career Path Paved with Innovation and Satisfaction
Attracting the best candidates in any field requires a commitment to job satisfaction. At Extra Space Storage, job satisfaction is high, this is why we have one of the best retention rates in the business. We know that our success depends on our team loving their jobs!
An Extra Space employee is number one valued and knows they are invaluable to the team, customer and company. Second they are passionate enjoying a challenging and rewarding career path armed with the tools they need to succeed. Add a fun work culture and spectacular offices makes Extra Space a pretty amazing place to work.