Financial and Risk Specialist
We’re currently hiring for a Financial and Risk Specialist to work at our corporate offices in Salt Lake City, UT. In this fast-paced role, you will work in the Risk Management department with other teams helping improve incident reporting process, creating reports, and ensuring claims are developed and completed in a timely fashion within approved protocols and procedures. You will help develop and improve processes using risk management software, identifying incident trends and frequencies, helping control risk-related losses and protecting the assets of the company.
What you’ll be doing:
- Process incidents, and make improves within new reporting software, gathering and analyzing reports with an eye for detail and accuracy
- Improve process, working closely with multiple departments to track down and drive completion of reports and data analysis
- Team lead in incident reporting process
- Investigate and develop reports to reduce company expenses
- Review data and create reports identifying frequency and severity trends
- Help determine best practices protecting employees and assets
What you’ll need to be successful:
- Bachelor’s Degree and two years’ experience in a risk management, finance, operations support, and\or analysis role.
- Strong skill-set for a variety of computer applications and the ability to learn new tools quickly
- Excel knowledge required - Pivot Table, Subtotal, Data Analysis, Macros, and Grouping tools
- Demonstrable ability to organize work and prioritize effectively
- Highly effective written and verbal communication skills
- Preferred knowledge of Smart Sheet, Salesforce
- Able to work independent of direct oversight and as a team
- Customer-centric attitude and drive to satisfy internal and external customer needs
If you are a current Extra Space employee, please apply through the "Find Internal Career Openings" in Workday
Extra Space Storage is the second largest operator of self-storage facilities in the U.S. Since we were founded in 1977, we’ve taken the storage industry by storm. In 2015 alone we added 1.6 Billion dollars in new acquisitions to our already large property portfolio.
The cornerstone of Extra Space Storage is successful partnerships with our stakeholders, partners, investors and customers. Our goals are driven by an impassioned, dedicated workforce that thrives in the innovation driven corporate environment. We are the best, at getting better!
Our Team Makes Us EXTRAordinary
Knowledge is power and experience is valuable. This is why we strive to attract the best candidates for every position at Extra Space Storage. Every position is valuable to our success from our executive management team, corporate employees, on-site managers and call center team.
Offering a Career Path Paved with Innovation and Satisfaction
Attracting the best candidates in any field requires a commitment to job satisfaction. At Extra Space Storage, job satisfaction is high, this is why we have one of the best retention rates in the business. We know that our success depends on our team loving their jobs!
An Extra Space employee is number one valued and knows they are invaluable to the team, customer and company. Second they are passionate enjoying a challenging and rewarding career path armed with the tools they need to succeed. Add a fun work culture and spectacular offices makes Extra Space a pretty amazing place to work.