IT Business Analyst (Data Management)
It is a really exciting time to be at Extra Space Storage! We got our start in 1977. Today we are a New York Stock Exchange-traded company leading the self-storage industry in more ways than one. But in order to maintain this lead, we need exceptionally motivated, capable, and driven people like you. We offer a fast-paced collaborative environment where each of us directly contributes to the company’s success. Come join us and find out why so many of our employees recommend us as a great place to work.
We are currently hiring for an IT Business Analyst at our corporate offices located in Salt Lake City, Utah. In this role, you will analyze business needs by acting as a liaison between Business Process Owners/Stakeholders and the IT Data Management Team in order to help identify business requirements and help recommend competent solutions. The Data Management Team is responsible for Data Warehousing, Analytics, Database Administration, and Data Migration projects.
What you'll be doing:
- Consult with Business Owners/Stakeholders to gather information about system needs, objectives, functions, and features
- Understand the departments systems and data structures to recommend solutions to requested initiatives
- Write and maintain user stories that contain business requirements, functional specifications, acceptance criteria
- Work with Developers and team Managers to analyze and estimate feasibility, costs, time, and compatibility with other programs
- Understand project lifecycles and ensure projects follow steps needed to deploy working solutions
- Write and maintain documentation to describe program functional specifications, use case scenarios, test scenarios, and changes
- Research and evaluate possible 3rd party software and hardware to assist in programming/developing solutions
- Monitor performance and adoption of programs and systems after implementation
What you'll need to be successful:
- Bachelor's Degree (B. A.) from four-year College or University in Information Systems, Business Management, Computer Science, or in a related field
- 2-4 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience with SQL and data validation from various data sources
- Experience with Agile/Scrum methodology preferred
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server and Business Intelligence (TSQL, SSAS, SSRS, SSIS) is desirable
EXTRA benefits of working with us:
- Well defined career paths
- Qualify for Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits on Day 1
- Health Savings Account (HSA) or Flexible Spending (FSA)
- Company paid Life, AD&D, and Short & Long Term Disability
- 401K with company match after 90 days of service
- Holiday pay and paid time off
- Extensive Wellness Program and various Employee Discount Programs
- Personal Health Advocate
- Free soda, coffee, and drinks all day every day and much, much more!
If you are a current Extra Space employee, please apply through the "Find Internal Career Openings" in Workday
Extra Space Storage is the second largest operator of self-storage facilities in the U.S. Since we were founded in 1977, we’ve taken the storage industry by storm. In 2015 alone we added 1.6 Billion dollars in new acquisitions to our already large property portfolio.
The cornerstone of Extra Space Storage is successful partnerships with our stakeholders, partners, investors and customers. Our goals are driven by an impassioned, dedicated workforce that thrives in the innovation driven corporate environment. We are the best, at getting better!
Our Team Makes Us EXTRAordinary
Knowledge is power and experience is valuable. This is why we strive to attract the best candidates for every position at Extra Space Storage. Every position is valuable to our success from our executive management team, corporate employees, on-site managers and call center team.
Offering a Career Path Paved with Innovation and Satisfaction
Attracting the best candidates in any field requires a commitment to job satisfaction. At Extra Space Storage, job satisfaction is high, this is why we have one of the best retention rates in the business. We know that our success depends on our team loving their jobs!
An Extra Space employee is number one valued and knows they are invaluable to the team, customer and company. Second they are passionate enjoying a challenging and rewarding career path armed with the tools they need to succeed. Add a fun work culture and spectacular offices makes Extra Space a pretty amazing place to work.