Jr. Recruiter/ Sourcing Specialist
We are currently hiring for a Recruiting Sourcing Specialist at our corporate offices located in Salt Lake City, Utah. In this position, you will conduct various recruiting processes and work closely with the Talent Acquisition team and our call center in order to complete recruiting functions. You will be responsible for identifying talent pools, building talent communities, partnering with hiring teams, and executing on pipeline goals.
What you'll be doing:
- Leveraging multiple recruiting sources in addition to internet sourcing techniques to identify and connect with potential candidates.
- Responsible for executing search techniques to generate a pool of candidates necessary to staff open positions and create candidate pipelines for future needs
- Partner with Talent Acquisition Team to understand the talent needs of the business and create an effective search strategy to fill open positions and build candidate pipelines.
- Build relationships with potential candidates on a continual basis through e-mail, calls, and networking
- Source passive candidates through referrals, networking, internet searches, etc.
- Screen potential candidates for availability, interest level, salary range, relocation needs, etc.
- Support efforts regarding off-site recruiting activities including participation in job fairs, conferences & professional organizations. Cultivate partnerships to ensure time-to-fill metrics are achieved short-term & longer-term relationships are built.
What you'll need to be successful:
- Minimum high school diploma or GED; A college degree or significant progress towards a college degree from an accredited institution is strongly preferred.
- Minimum 1-2 years of recruiting and/or sourcing experience in a business or professional environment.
- Excellent project and time management skills with the ability to multi-task and prioritize workload
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Experience with direct & innovative recruiting methods, including sourcing strategies such as cold calling, leveraging competitive intelligence & resources, networking, data mining internet tools, web sites (including social networking sites)
- Demonstrated success in executing on recruiting and employment program strategies, policies & programs; extensive knowledge of direct, indirect, & creative sourcing methods and building passive candidate pools
- Ability to influence & interact successfully with all levels of the organization
If you are a current Extra Space employee, please apply through the "Find Internal Career Openings" in Workday
Extra Space Storage is the second largest operator of self-storage facilities in the U.S. Since we were founded in 1977, we’ve taken the storage industry by storm. In 2015 alone we added 1.6 Billion dollars in new acquisitions to our already large property portfolio.
The cornerstone of Extra Space Storage is successful partnerships with our stakeholders, partners, investors and customers. Our goals are driven by an impassioned, dedicated workforce that thrives in the innovation driven corporate environment. We are the best, at getting better!
Our Team Makes Us EXTRAordinary
Knowledge is power and experience is valuable. This is why we strive to attract the best candidates for every position at Extra Space Storage. Every position is valuable to our success from our executive management team, corporate employees, on-site managers and call center team.
Offering a Career Path Paved with Innovation and Satisfaction
Attracting the best candidates in any field requires a commitment to job satisfaction. At Extra Space Storage, job satisfaction is high, this is why we have one of the best retention rates in the business. We know that our success depends on our team loving their jobs!
An Extra Space employee is number one valued and knows they are invaluable to the team, customer and company. Second they are passionate enjoying a challenging and rewarding career path armed with the tools they need to succeed. Add a fun work culture and spectacular offices makes Extra Space a pretty amazing place to work.