Extra Space Storage is currently hiring for a Legal Intern at our corporate offices in Salt Lake City, UT. This position provides on-going legal support for the Legal team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide legal assistance to site teams, DMs, and Store Support Center in problem solving
- Customer service oriented to help handle escalated customer issues involving legal elements
- Respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Give guidance to operations teams relating to state lien law and company policy and procedures
- Support in-house counsel in various legal duties, including letter drafting, legal research, filing, and other administrative duties
Education and/or Experience:
- High School diploma or GED required
- Two to four years’ experience in a management, operations support, and\or analysis role; Legal background a plus
- Strong knowledge of and strong skill-set for a variety of computer applications, including: Microsoft office applications including word processing, spreadsheet, email and database program capabilities to determine best approach for assigned project.
- Ability to multi-task and to prioritize issues
- Strong organizational and communication skills and ability to present ideas and logic in a clear, concise and informative format
- Current Driver’s License required
If you are a current Extra Space employee, please apply through the "Find Internal Career Openings" in Workday
Extra Space Storage is the second largest operator of self-storage facilities in the U.S. Since we were founded in 1977, we’ve taken the storage industry by storm. In 2015 alone we added 1.6 Billion dollars in new acquisitions to our already large property portfolio.
The cornerstone of Extra Space Storage is successful partnerships with our stakeholders, partners, investors and customers. Our goals are driven by an impassioned, dedicated workforce that thrives in the innovation driven corporate environment. We are the best, at getting better!
Our Team Makes Us EXTRAordinary
Knowledge is power and experience is valuable. This is why we strive to attract the best candidates for every position at Extra Space Storage. Every position is valuable to our success from our executive management team, corporate employees, on-site managers and call center team.
Offering a Career Path Paved with Innovation and Satisfaction
Attracting the best candidates in any field requires a commitment to job satisfaction. At Extra Space Storage, job satisfaction is high, this is why we have one of the best retention rates in the business. We know that our success depends on our team loving their jobs!
An Extra Space employee is number one valued and knows they are invaluable to the team, customer and company. Second they are passionate enjoying a challenging and rewarding career path armed with the tools they need to succeed. Add a fun work culture and spectacular offices makes Extra Space a pretty amazing place to work.