Regional Facility Service Manager
It is a really exciting time to be at Extra Space Storage! We got our start in 1977. Today we are a New York Stock Exchange-traded company leading the self-storage industry in more ways than one. But in order to maintain this lead, we need exceptionally motivated, capable, and driven people like you. We offer a fast-paced collaborative environment where each of us directly contributes to the company’s success. Come join us and find out why so many of our employees recommend Extra Space Storage as a great place to work.
Under direction of the Director of Facility Services, the Facility Services Manager oversees all regionalized activities related to Facilities Management. This includes working directly with Divisional Vice Presidents and site staff on the execution of contracts for capital improvements, developing scope of needed projects, assessing facility conditions and needs (both long and short term), letting bids, and ensuring completed work meets Extra Space Storage specifications and standards. This is the "key" position in the field to ensure the safety, security and that the condition of the Extra Space Storage portfolio is maintained to the highest standard.
*Must be willing to live in the Chicago, IL area. Relocation assistance may be provided.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops scope of work documents for projects, solicits bids, selects approved contractors, supervises projects, ensures standards and results are achieved and closes out projects
- Maintains a high level of communication and follow-up both with team leadership and peers as well as field staff. Consolidates, communicates and ensures successful resolution of all regional facility management issues
- Maintains current and accurate records in the tracking and accounting of all projects
- Develops a qualified, licensed group of regional vendors
- Participates in the development of the annual facilities budget and five-year forecasting process
- Reviews, tracks and approves work orders and invoices to ensure compliance with company standards, policies, budgets and guidelines
- Physically inspects property conditions on a per property/per district basis to ensure safety, security and facility standards are maintained
- Ensures expected results are delivered on time and within budget constraints
Supervisory Responsibilities: The incumbent supervises vendors and contractors regularly. Will also give safety, security and facility maintenance instructions to Operations staff.
Education and/or Experience:
- A related Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university
- Three to five years related experience and/or training or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Additional licensure pertaining to construction trades helpful.
We pride ourselves on hiring top talent and provide the following benefits and more:
- Well defined career paths
- Qualify for Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits on Day 1
- Health Savings Account (HSA) or Flexible Spending (FSA)
- Company paid Life, AD&D, and Short & Long Term Disability
- 401K with company match after 90 days of service
- Holiday pay and paid time off
- Extensive Wellness Program and various Employee Discount Programs
- Personal Health Advocate
If you are a current Extra Space employee, please apply through the "Find Internal Career Openings" in Workday
Extra Space Storage is the second largest operator of self-storage facilities in the U.S. Since we were founded in 1977, we’ve taken the storage industry by storm. In 2015 alone we added 1.6 Billion dollars in new acquisitions to our already large property portfolio.
The cornerstone of Extra Space Storage is successful partnerships with our stakeholders, partners, investors and customers. Our goals are driven by an impassioned, dedicated workforce that thrives in the innovation driven corporate environment. We are the best, at getting better!
Our Team Makes Us EXTRAordinary
Knowledge is power and experience is valuable. This is why we strive to attract the best candidates for every position at Extra Space Storage. Every position is valuable to our success from our executive management team, corporate employees, on-site managers and call center team.
Offering a Career Path Paved with Innovation and Satisfaction
Attracting the best candidates in any field requires a commitment to job satisfaction. At Extra Space Storage, job satisfaction is high, this is why we have one of the best retention rates in the business. We know that our success depends on our team loving their jobs!
An Extra Space employee is number one valued and knows they are invaluable to the team, customer and company. Second they are passionate enjoying a challenging and rewarding career path armed with the tools they need to succeed. Add a fun work culture and spectacular offices makes Extra Space a pretty amazing place to work.