Sr. Internal Auditor
Extra Space Storage is currently hiring for a Sr. Internal Auditor for our corporate offices in Salt Lake City, UT. Reporting to the Director of Internal Audit, you will contribute to audit and business advisory engagements including Sarbanes-Oxley 404 Compliance (SOX) and operational audits. You will also be responsible for documenting and evaluating internal controls and preparing internal-audit reports. Successful candidates will be effective communicators with a strong understanding of financial accounting and data analysis.
What you'll be doing:
- Assist in the development and maintenance of internal-control documentation including flowcharts, narratives, and walkthroughs for SOX Compliance
- Test SOX and other relevant internal controls
- Collaborate with other internal audit team members to support company and team goals
- Assist in operational and compliance audits
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting from an accredited college or university and 3-5 years of relevant Accounting or Auditing experience OR a Master’s Degree and 2-4 years of relevant Accounting or Auditing experience
- Solid Excel skills including experience with vlookups, filters, and data mining formulae
- Ability to work effectively and prioritize projects in a matrix environment
- Customer-service experience with a proven track record of anticipating customer needs and resolving customer complaints
- Intermediate to Advanced Accounting knowledge, including a working knowledge of consolidation accounting
- Able to research and comprehend emerging accounting issues
- Understanding of internal-control concepts relevant to SOX
- Strong verbal- and written-communication skills, to effectively present to peers and management
- Strong desire and ability to learn quickly and develop new skills in a dynamic environment
- Experience with SQL, ACL, or other data mining tools is helpful
If you are a current Extra Space employee, please apply through the "Find Internal Career Openings" in Workday
Extra Space Storage is the second largest operator of self-storage facilities in the U.S. Since we were founded in 1977, we’ve taken the storage industry by storm. In 2015 alone we added 1.6 Billion dollars in new acquisitions to our already large property portfolio.
The cornerstone of Extra Space Storage is successful partnerships with our stakeholders, partners, investors and customers. Our goals are driven by an impassioned, dedicated workforce that thrives in the innovation driven corporate environment. We are the best, at getting better!
Our Team Makes Us EXTRAordinary
Knowledge is power and experience is valuable. This is why we strive to attract the best candidates for every position at Extra Space Storage. Every position is valuable to our success from our executive management team, corporate employees, on-site managers and call center team.
Offering a Career Path Paved with Innovation and Satisfaction
Attracting the best candidates in any field requires a commitment to job satisfaction. At Extra Space Storage, job satisfaction is high, this is why we have one of the best retention rates in the business. We know that our success depends on our team loving their jobs!
An Extra Space employee is number one valued and knows they are invaluable to the team, customer and company. Second they are passionate enjoying a challenging and rewarding career path armed with the tools they need to succeed. Add a fun work culture and spectacular offices makes Extra Space a pretty amazing place to work.