Staff Accountant (Property Accountant)
At Extra Space we believe that a successful business and a fun work environment go hand in hand. That’s why we’ve created a company culture that provides our employees with all the support they need to succeed. Because we understand that we can’t continue to succeed unless our people love their jobs - day in, day out.
It is a really exciting time to join our growing company! We got our start in 1977. Today we are a New York Stock Exchange-traded company and we were recently named to the S&P 500!
We are a leader in our industry and in order to maintain this lead, we need exceptionally motivated, capable, and driven people like you. Come join us and find out why so many of our employees recommend us as a great place to work.
The Staff Accountant serves a critical role on the Accounting team.
What you'll be doing:
- You will serve as primary accounting contact for assigned properties
- Maintain general ledger and supporting schedules
- Reconcile bank accounts and resolve deposit discrepancies
- Prepare monthly financial statements
- Work with property owners on accounting issues
What you need to be successful:
- You will need a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word
- High degree of attention to detail
- Well defined career paths
- Qualify for Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits on Day 1
- Health Savings Account (HSA) or Flexible Spending (FSA)
- Company paid Life, AD&D, and Short & Long Term Disability
- 401K with company match after 90 days of service
- Holiday pay and paid time off
- Extensive Wellness Program and various Employee Discount Programs
- Personal Health Advocate
- Free soda, coffee, and drinks all day every day and much, much more!
If you are dedicated with a positive attitude we invite you to come join our team. Employment is contingent on successful completion of a background and drug screening.
Reports To: Accounting Manager
Note: If you have experience working in any of the following areas, we encourage you to apply: general ledger accounting or real estate accounting.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
If you are a current Extra Space employee, please apply through the "Find Internal Career Openings" in Workday
Extra Space Storage is the second largest operator of self-storage facilities in the U.S. Since we were founded in 1977, we’ve taken the storage industry by storm. In 2015 alone we added 1.6 Billion dollars in new acquisitions to our already large property portfolio.
The cornerstone of Extra Space Storage is successful partnerships with our stakeholders, partners, investors and customers. Our goals are driven by an impassioned, dedicated workforce that thrives in the innovation driven corporate environment. We are the best, at getting better!
Our Team Makes Us EXTRAordinary
Knowledge is power and experience is valuable. This is why we strive to attract the best candidates for every position at Extra Space Storage. Every position is valuable to our success from our executive management team, corporate employees, on-site managers and call center team.
Offering a Career Path Paved with Innovation and Satisfaction
Attracting the best candidates in any field requires a commitment to job satisfaction. At Extra Space Storage, job satisfaction is high, this is why we have one of the best retention rates in the business. We know that our success depends on our team loving their jobs!
An Extra Space employee is number one valued and knows they are invaluable to the team, customer and company. Second they are passionate enjoying a challenging and rewarding career path armed with the tools they need to succeed. Add a fun work culture and spectacular offices makes Extra Space a pretty amazing place to work.