We’re currently hiring for an Accounting Clerk at our corporate offices in Salt Lake City, UT. In this position, you will serve as part of the Accounting team reporting to the Accounting Director. Your responsibilities will include providing various levels of basic accounting support within the Property Accounting area in a high-volume, high-energy office environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Process general ledger postings for all corporate bank transactions
- Administer online invoice approval system
- Process returned checks for all storage sites
- Create and maintain vendors in accounting software (Microsoft Dynamics AX)
- Assist Staff Accountants in monthly bank reconciliation by providing detailed transaction and bank information, such as check images and monthly bank statements
- Create and distribute various exception reports to accounting department
- Maintain accounting lists, including: bank accts, property assignments, etc.
- Occasionally provide administrative support to Accounting Management
- Assist accounting department with various projects when needed
- Filing, copying, and other administrative duties as assigned
Education and/or Experience:
- High School diploma or GED required; some college experience helpful
- Three years of work experience in an office environment
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Experience with automated accounting software; previous experience with Microsoft Dynamics AX helpful
- Must be able to handle multiple projects in a fast paced, changing environment
- Ability to perform all mathematical functions associated with this level of responsibility including but is not limited to interest rates, commissions, discounts, taxes, etc.
- Strong communication skills and ability to present ideas and logic in a clear, concise and informative format
We pride ourselves on hiring top talent and provide the following benefits and more:
- Well defined career paths
- Qualify for Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits on Day 1
- Health Savings Account (HSA) or Flexible Spending (FSA)
- Company paid Life, AD&D, and Short & Long Term Disability
- 401K with company match after 90 days of service
- Holiday pay and paid time off
- Extensive Wellness Program and various Employee Discount Programs
- Personal Health Advocate
- Free soda, coffee, and drinks all day every day and much, much more!
If you are a current Extra Space employee, please apply through the "Find Internal Career Openings" in Workday.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.