Are you goal-oriented and a strong problem-solver? Do you have fun leading a team? You may be a great fit for our Accounting Manager position. We believe in a great company culture that provides our employees with all the support they need to succeed. Because we understand that we can’t continue to succeed unless our people love their jobs - day in, day out.
It is a really exciting time to join our growing company! We got our start in 1977. Since 2016 we have been a part of the S&P 500 and lead the self-storage industry in more ways than one.
We are a leader in our industry and in order to maintain this lead, we need exceptionally motivated, capable, and driven people like you. Come join us and find out why so many of our employees recommend us as a great place to work.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- You manage 8-10 staff accountants including: assigning and directing work, appraising performance, and resolving problems.
- You oversee the monthly close processes and review joint venture and third-party owner financial statements and distributions.
- Other duties include: corporate general ledger reconciliations, audit support, and assisting in the preparation of quarterly financial reports for public filings with the SEC.
- Take lead on assigned projects and act as a resource, as needed.
- Coordinate work with other departments as needed.
Education and/or Experience:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting is required with a minimum of five years of accounting experience.
- Firm, working knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Comfortable working with computers and automated accounting systems
- Attention to detail
- Highly motivated self-starter
- Goal-oriented and possesses the ability to prioritize on a consistent basis in an ever-changing environment
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
If you are a current Extra Space employee, please apply through the "Find Internal Career Openings" in Workday.
Extra Space Storage is the second largest operator of self-storage facilities in the U.S. Since we were founded in 1977, we’ve taken the storage industry by storm. In 2015 alone we added 1.6 Billion dollars in new acquisitions to our already large property portfolio.
The cornerstone of Extra Space Storage is successful partnerships with our stakeholders, partners, investors and customers. Our goals are driven by an impassioned, dedicated workforce that thrives in the innovation driven corporate environment. We are the best, at getting better!
Our Team Makes Us EXTRAordinary
Knowledge is power and experience is valuable. This is why we strive to attract the best candidates for every position at Extra Space Storage. Every position is valuable to our success from our executive management team, corporate employees, on-site managers and call center team.
Offering a Career Path Paved with Innovation and Satisfaction
Attracting the best candidates in any field requires a commitment to job satisfaction. At Extra Space Storage, job satisfaction is high, this is why we have one of the best retention rates in the business. We know that our success depends on our team loving their jobs!
An Extra Space employee is number one valued and knows they are invaluable to the team, customer and company. Second they are passionate enjoying a challenging and rewarding career path armed with the tools they need to succeed. Add a fun work culture and spectacular offices makes Extra Space a pretty amazing place to work.