Accounts Payable Clerk
It is a really exciting time to be at Extra Space Storage! We got our start in 1977. Today we are a New York Stock Exchange-traded company leading the self-storage industry in more ways than one. But in order to maintain this lead, we need exceptionally motivated, capable, and driven people like you. We offer a fast-paced collaborative environment where each of us directly contributes to the company’s success. Come join us and find out why we have been recognized Glassdoor's top 100 places to work in the country!
We’re currently hiring for an Accounts Payable Clerk for our corporate offices in Salt Lake City, UT. In this position, your main role will be to process and maintain accounts payable records as a member of the Accounts Payable team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Process invoices and payments accurately and on a timely basis
- Interact with site managers and vendors in-person and on the telephone.
- Research problems and provide consistent follow-up
- Update vendor records and other paper files
- Mail vendor and tenant refund checks
- Close out files on an annual basis
- Assist with special projects, as necessary
Education and/or Experience:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) with some higher education preferred.
- One to three years AP experience preferred.
- Knowledge of and previous experience with computer software including Dynamics AX, Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Internet Explorer are helpful.
- Ability to perform all mathematical functions associated with this level of responsibility, including but not limited to interest rates, commissions, discounts, taxes, etc.
- Highly motivated self-starter with attention to detail
- Goal-oriented and possesses the ability to prioritize on a consistent basis in an ever-changing environment
We pride ourselves on hiring top talent and provide the following benefits and more:
- Well defined career paths
- Qualify for Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits on Day 1
- Health Savings Account (HSA) or Flexible Spending (FSA)
- Company paid Life, AD&D, and Short & Long Term Disability
- 401K with company match after 90 days of service
- Holiday pay and paid time off
- 24-hour access to state-of-the-art gym.
- Extensive Wellness Program and various Employee Discount Programs
- Personal Health Advocate
- Free soda, coffee, and drinks all day every day and much, much more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
If you are a current Extra Space employee, please apply through the "Find Internal Career Openings" in Workday
Extra Space Storage is the second largest operator of self-storage facilities in the U.S. Since we were founded in 1977, we’ve taken the storage industry by storm. In 2015 alone we added 1.6 Billion dollars in new acquisitions to our already large property portfolio.
The cornerstone of Extra Space Storage is successful partnerships with our stakeholders, partners, investors and customers. Our goals are driven by an impassioned, dedicated workforce that thrives in the innovation driven corporate environment. We are the best, at getting better!
Our Team Makes Us EXTRAordinary
Knowledge is power and experience is valuable. This is why we strive to attract the best candidates for every position at Extra Space Storage. Every position is valuable to our success from our executive management team, corporate employees, on-site managers and call center team.
Offering a Career Path Paved with Innovation and Satisfaction
Attracting the best candidates in any field requires a commitment to job satisfaction. At Extra Space Storage, job satisfaction is high, this is why we have one of the best retention rates in the business. We know that our success depends on our team loving their jobs!
An Extra Space employee is number one valued and knows they are invaluable to the team, customer and company. Second they are passionate enjoying a challenging and rewarding career path armed with the tools they need to succeed. Add a fun work culture and spectacular offices makes Extra Space a pretty amazing place to work.