Administrative Coordinator - Construction
It is a really exciting time to be at Extra Space Storage! We got our start in 1977. Today we are a New York Stock Exchange-traded company leading the self-storage industry in more ways than one. But in order to maintain this lead, we need exceptionally motivated, capable, and driven people like you. We offer a fast-paced collaborative environment where each of us directly contributes to the company’s success. Come join us and find out why Glassdoor has rated us one of the top 100 companies to work for in the U.S.!
Extra Space Storage is currently hiring for an Administrative Coordinator - Construction for our corporate offices located in Salt Lake City, UT. The Administrative Coordinator provides administrative support and coordination of business support functions for the Construction & Property Development Department (CPD).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operate a variety of computer applications including word processing, spreadsheet, and web-based data management programs to produce business-related documents including: reports, charts, letters, correspondence, proposals and spreadsheets with varying levels of complexity and output requirements.
- Provide administrative support to project teams for the company’s cloud based program/project management system (e-Builder). This includes quickly becoming proficient in the application, contributing to system configuration, managing user and project setup, and providing instruction and support to internal and external users. This will be approximately 25-40% time.
- Provide assistance & instruction to other administrative & business support staff on capabilities of multiple computer applications used in executing Construction & Property Development work.
- Manage project files including: contracts, lien waivers, certificates of insurance, warranties, bonds entitlement documents, certificates of occupancy, etc.
- Manage contractor, consultant, and supplier database and qualification documents
- Screen incoming correspondence and respond independently when possible
- Create and maintain data and spreadsheet files for tracking and reporting purposes
- Conduct assigned research assignments and report findings / make recommendations
- Arrange complex and detailed travel plans and itineraries, compile documents for travel related meetings
- Process payment applications and invoices for real estate development projects / department expenses
- Knowledge of, proficiency in multiple computer applications including word processing, spreadsheet creation, web based applications, and determining best application approach for assigned projects.
- Technically savvy with computers and able to learn new computer applications easily
- Familiarity with eBuilder cloud based management system preferred but not mandatory
- Ability to create & manipulate spreadsheets and interpret reporting data
- Ability to create, manage, and understand reporting data for department execution & performance
- Basic understanding of the elements of real estate development and construction processes
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely with department employees, consultants, and other business professionals both verbally and in writing.
- Must have the ability to organize work and priorities effectively to make best use of time and resources.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred. Will consider Associate’s degree or a student working towards degree. Relevant degree programs include Construction Management, Business.
- One to two years’ experience in administrative support. Experience in real estate and/or construction business is preferred. Will consider entry level candidate with the right knowledge & skills.
We pride ourselves on hiring top talent and provide you the following benefits and more:
- Well defined career paths
- Qualify for Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits on Day 1
- Health Savings Account (HSA) or Flexible Spending (FSA)
- Company paid Life, AD&D, and Short & Long Term Disability
- 401K with company match after 90 days of service
- Holiday pay and paid time off
- Extensive Wellness Program and various Employee Discount Programs
- 24-hour access to an on site fitness center
- Personal Health Advocate
- Free soda, coffee, and drinks all day every day and much, much more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
If you are a current Extra Space employee, please apply through the "Find Internal Career Openings" in Workday
Extra Space Storage is the second largest operator of self-storage facilities in the U.S. Since we were founded in 1977, we’ve taken the storage industry by storm. In 2015 alone we added 1.6 Billion dollars in new acquisitions to our already large property portfolio.
The cornerstone of Extra Space Storage is successful partnerships with our stakeholders, partners, investors and customers. Our goals are driven by an impassioned, dedicated workforce that thrives in the innovation driven corporate environment. We are the best, at getting better!
Our Team Makes Us EXTRAordinary
Knowledge is power and experience is valuable. This is why we strive to attract the best candidates for every position at Extra Space Storage. Every position is valuable to our success from our executive management team, corporate employees, on-site managers and call center team.
Offering a Career Path Paved with Innovation and Satisfaction
Attracting the best candidates in any field requires a commitment to job satisfaction. At Extra Space Storage, job satisfaction is high, this is why we have one of the best retention rates in the business. We know that our success depends on our team loving their jobs!
An Extra Space employee is number one valued and knows they are invaluable to the team, customer and company. Second they are passionate enjoying a challenging and rewarding career path armed with the tools they need to succeed. Add a fun work culture and spectacular offices makes Extra Space a pretty amazing place to work.