It is a really exciting time to be at Extra Space Storage! We got our start in 1977. Today we are a New York Stock Exchange-traded company leading the self-storage industry in more ways than one. But in order to maintain this lead, we need exceptionally motivated, capable, and driven people like you. We offer a fast-paced collaborative environment where each of us directly contributes to the company’s success. Come join us and find out why so many of our employees recommend us as a great place to work.
We are currently hiring for an Analytics Intern at our corporate offices located in Salt Lake City, Utah. This is an excellent opportunity for undergraduate/graduate students with a quantitative background pursuing a degree in statistics, mathematics, or engineering. Incumbent will support the Marketing and Product teams by providing analytic support on projects and proposals. This is a part-time, non-exempt position (approximately 20 hours/week).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Build engineering pipelines to automate processes around data management
- Conduct data analysis using skills in statistics and database management.
- Interact with team members in a professional manner and respond quickly to requests.
- Support requests for ad hoc reporting assistance, miscellaneous research.
- Interpret results from analysis and report findings.
Examples of responsibilities
- Maintain data feed to the paid search system under the supervision of a Sr. Data Scientist.
- Develop and run analytic reports for the marketing and product teams.
- Interpret key analytic findings.
- Draft presentations of analytic findings.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in a quantitative field such as: Statistics, Computational Sciences, or Applied Mathematics.
- Strong analytical skills and basic skills in statistical analysis.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to communicate with individuals at various levels within the organization.
- Good critical thinking, questioning, and listening skills; excellent attention to detail.
- Experience using Excel, PowerPoint
- Experience programming in a language such as Python or R
- Experience working with relational databases preferred.
We pride ourselves on hiring top talent and provide the following benefits and more:
- Well defined career paths.
- Qualify for Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits on Day 1.
- Health Savings Account (HSA) or Flexible Spending (FSA).
- Company paid Life, AD&D, and Short & Long Term Disability.
- 401K with company match after 90 days of service.
- Holiday pay and paid time off.
- Extensive Wellness Program and various Employee Discount Programs.
- Personal Health Advocate.
- Free soda, coffee, and drinks all day every day and much, much more!
If you are dedicated with a positive attitude we invite you to come join our team. Employment is contingent on successful completion of a background and drug screening.
If you are a current Extra Space employee, please apply through the "Find Internal Career Openings" in Workday.
Extra Space Storage is the second largest operator of self-storage facilities in the U.S. Since we were founded in 1977, we’ve taken the storage industry by storm. In 2015 alone we added 1.6 Billion dollars in new acquisitions to our already large property portfolio.
The cornerstone of Extra Space Storage is successful partnerships with our stakeholders, partners, investors and customers. Our goals are driven by an impassioned, dedicated workforce that thrives in the innovation driven corporate environment. We are the best, at getting better!
Our Team Makes Us EXTRAordinary
Knowledge is power and experience is valuable. This is why we strive to attract the best candidates for every position at Extra Space Storage. Every position is valuable to our success from our executive management team, corporate employees, on-site managers and call center team.
Offering a Career Path Paved with Innovation and Satisfaction
Attracting the best candidates in any field requires a commitment to job satisfaction. At Extra Space Storage, job satisfaction is high, this is why we have one of the best retention rates in the business. We know that our success depends on our team loving their jobs!
An Extra Space employee is number one valued and knows they are invaluable to the team, customer and company. Second they are passionate enjoying a challenging and rewarding career path armed with the tools they need to succeed. Add a fun work culture and spectacular offices makes Extra Space a pretty amazing place to work.