Assistant Store Manager - RETAIL HIRING EVENT! - 12/04/2021
To fill various openings at multiple locations all over Fort Lauderdale area, we are hosting a hiring event! Job interviews and job offers will be made on the spot!
Please put in your application here by clicking on the "Apply" button and come anytime during our hiring event to meet directly with our hiring managers! If you have any difficulty applying, please feel free to come to the event anyway, we still want to meet you!
The hiring event will be held on:
Saturday, December 4th. 2021
Extra Space Storage
1900 NW 19th St
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33311
Please wear masks when you come in for your interview, if you are not vaccinated. When you arrive, please come into the office to check-in, then we will have you wait in your vehicle to be called. This will allow us to easier manage social distancing requirements during the COVID-19 Pandemic.
Please also bring a copy of your resume with you.
We are hiring Assistant Store Managers at the following locations:
- Fort Lauderdale - NW 1st Ave-Downtown
- Fort Lauderdale - Flagler Dr
- Pompano Beach - Sample Rd
As an Assistant Store Manager, you will act as a crucial member of our team by striving to build a positive experience for our customers. We seek employees with integrity and passion for helping others who are eager to take on new responsibilities in a front-facing customer-centric role.
If this describes you, and a dynamic, growing organization is what you need, you will surely find a home with Extra Space Storage. We will love to consider you and look forward to reviewing your application.
- Develop excellent customer relationships by identifying the storage needs and providing them with solutions
- Improve sales objectives with prospective customers through unit rentals, insurance of rentals, and sales of moving materials
- Guide your new customers through rental processes and agreements
- Keep your facility up to the highest of cleanliness standards (i.e. cleaning units, sweeping, mopping, changing light bulbs, etc.)
- Perform independently on a day to day basis with a focus on teamwork and partnerships with other stores in the area
- May be required to travel to local retail locations and run errands for the facility
- 1+ years of customer service experience (i.e. retail sales, restaurant, sales associate, front desk, site management, and/or other customer-centered sales roles)
- Strong computer skills
- Valid Driver’s License with access to reliable transportation
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Outstanding company culture; including steady work hours and work/life balance
- Competitive starting pay + monthly bonus opportunity
- Paid Time Off accrued throughout the year, increasing with years of service
- Career opportunities throughout the United States
- Generous 401(k) match with Traditional and/or ROTH choices
- Affordable medical benefit options with up to a $1k annual Health Savings Account employer contribution
- EXTRA Healthy Wellness program that includes the potential for monthly credits towards your medical premium and rewards for participation
- Education support program (pursuit of bachelor’s degree)
- BenefitHub discounts: apparel, auto, electronics, entertainment, pets, travel, etc.
Note: If you have experience working in any of the following types of jobs, we encourage you to apply: Sales Associate, Customer Service Representative, Retail Associate, Store Associate, Hospitality and Hotel, Front Desk Agent, Leasing Agent, Rental Agent (i.e. car rental, RV rental, storage rental, apartment rental, etc.) Property Management, Retail Sales, Retail Sales Lead or Team Lead, Cashier/Sales, Sales Specialist, etc.
We value diversity at Extra Space Storage. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
If you are a current Extra Space employee, please apply through the "Find Internal Career Openings" in Workday.
Extra Space Storage is the second largest operator of self-storage facilities in the U.S. Since we were founded in 1977, we’ve taken the storage industry by storm. In 2015 alone we added 1.6 Billion dollars in new acquisitions to our already large property portfolio.
The cornerstone of Extra Space Storage is successful partnerships with our stakeholders, partners, investors and customers. Our goals are driven by an impassioned, dedicated workforce that thrives in the innovation driven corporate environment. We are the best, at getting better!
Our Team Makes Us EXTRAordinary
Knowledge is power and experience is valuable. This is why we strive to attract the best candidates for every position at Extra Space Storage. Every position is valuable to our success from our executive management team, corporate employees, on-site managers and call center team.
Offering a Career Path Paved with Innovation and Satisfaction
Attracting the best candidates in any field requires a commitment to job satisfaction. At Extra Space Storage, job satisfaction is high, this is why we have one of the best retention rates in the business. We know that our success depends on our team loving their jobs!
An Extra Space employee is number one valued and knows they are invaluable to the team, customer and company. Second they are passionate enjoying a challenging and rewarding career path armed with the tools they need to succeed. Add a fun work culture and spectacular offices makes Extra Space a pretty amazing place to work.