Associate Data Scientist
It is a really exciting time to be at Extra Space Storage! We got our start in 1977. Today we are a New York Stock Exchange-traded company leading the self-storage industry in more ways than one. But in order to maintain this lead, we need exceptionally motivated, capable, and driven people like you. We offer a fast-paced collaborative environment where each of us directly contributes to the company’s success. Come join us and find out why so many of our employees recommend us as great place to work.
Extra Space is currently hiring for an Data Science Associate at our corporate office in Cottonwood Heights, UT. In this position you will provide statistical support and guidance for marketing testing and research programs. You will lead and manage various market research studies and other ad-hoc data analyses. If you can demonstrate a familiarity with general database structures, primary research study process flow including design, and data management and analysis, then we need you to apply!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs data analysis, interprets the findings from it and explains the finding to business audience to improve products such as revenue management system, website, and paid search bidding system
- Uses statistical modeling to make predictions about future outcomes and in multiple scenarios. Develops recommendation models to evaluates these outcomes to recommend the best course of action to reduce CPAs and to increase revenues
- Supports business teams such as operations, HR, marketing by recommending test designs to study the impact of new initiatives
- Develops data-driven segmentation models that predict customer life time value that lead to acquiring highly valuable customers
- Documents assigned aspects of projects including business objectives, data gathering and processing, leading approaches, final algorithm, detailed set of results and analytical metrics.
Education and/or Experience:
- A Bachelor's Degree in mathematics, computer science, engineering, statistics, finance, or economics;
- Master’s degree preferred; Requires 0 - 2 years' experience in applying advanced analytics to drive business outcomes
- Proven analytical skills with data driven decision-making skills
- Ability to manage large data sets, synthesize and communicate findings
- SQL programming skills. Python or R programming skills
- Team player with excellent collaboration skills
- Highly motivated and high level of energy and enthusiasm
We pride ourselves on hiring top talent and provide you the following benefits and more:
- Well defined career paths
- Qualify for Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits on Day 1
- Health Savings Account (HSA) or Flexible Spending (FSA)
- Company paid Life, AD&D, and Short & Long Term Disability
- 401K with company match after 90 days of service
- Holiday pay and paid time off
- Extensive Wellness Program and various Employee Discount Programs
- Personal Health Advocate
- Onsite Fitness Center
- Free soda, coffee, and drinks all day every day and much, much more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
If you are a current Extra Space employee, please apply through the "Find Internal Career Openings" in Workday.
Extra Space Storage is the second largest operator of self-storage facilities in the U.S. Since we were founded in 1977, we’ve taken the storage industry by storm. In 2015 alone we added 1.6 Billion dollars in new acquisitions to our already large property portfolio.
The cornerstone of Extra Space Storage is successful partnerships with our stakeholders, partners, investors and customers. Our goals are driven by an impassioned, dedicated workforce that thrives in the innovation driven corporate environment. We are the best, at getting better!
Our Team Makes Us EXTRAordinary
Knowledge is power and experience is valuable. This is why we strive to attract the best candidates for every position at Extra Space Storage. Every position is valuable to our success from our executive management team, corporate employees, on-site managers and call center team.
Offering a Career Path Paved with Innovation and Satisfaction
Attracting the best candidates in any field requires a commitment to job satisfaction. At Extra Space Storage, job satisfaction is high, this is why we have one of the best retention rates in the business. We know that our success depends on our team loving their jobs!
An Extra Space employee is number one valued and knows they are invaluable to the team, customer and company. Second they are passionate enjoying a challenging and rewarding career path armed with the tools they need to succeed. Add a fun work culture and spectacular offices makes Extra Space a pretty amazing place to work.