Associate Facilities Project Manager
The Associate Facilities Project Manager designs and manages programs, projects, and systems including the development of standards that support facility services and the enhancement of physical plant assets at Extra Space Storage properties across the nation. Partners with cross functional teams to communicate high level project information including budget variance analysis. Partners with vendors and consultants to find efficiencies in execution of nationwide roll-out initiatives. Manages project level budgets and strategies for end-to-end project success and solutions that improve facility services support of operational efficiencies, sustainability, customer experience, and shareholder value.
- Partner with and manage cross functional teams of internal stakeholders, vendors, and consultants to develop and deliver outcomes that meet success criteria.
- Manage projects and programs that increase efficiencies, expand innovation, training, and communications as required to support business requirements.
- Develop and manage program budgets and effective management strategies by leveraging technology, attention to detail, and innovation to ensure delivery of business requirements.
- Contribute to the management of capital enhancement projects and programs that impact properties or facility services across the nation.
- Provide effective cross functional leadership and team management including the ability to organize and manage internal and external functional teams of design, technology, facilities, construction, and operations staff; external contractors and technical consultants, specializing in building maintenance, renovation, and construction trades.
- Responsibilities include gathering project specifics and entering the information into the project management software used to communicate to all internal/external project stakeholders.
- Regular communication with key stake holders, and management to update and align on project design, activities, and timelines.
- Assists in the preparation of documentation required for project approval by management.
- Prepares and administers project documentation; maintains and organizes capital project files; prepares capital project estimates and manages project budgets; bid proposals, contract administration and related activities; tracks budget expenditures and documentation in compliance with company policies.
- Develops and coordinates all program related materials and activities working collaboratively with the Field Facility Services team and cross functional partners to maintain strong communication and adjust as necessary to address program needs or opportunities effectively.
- Prepares and conducts periodic project presentations and update reports and may present periodic project reports to executive level management.
- Performs other facility-related program development and departmental duties as assigned.
- Coordinates, plans, and evaluates projects and programs using accepted project management methodologies.
- Responsible for gathering high level project information and distributing this information to key project stake holders, which include budget, commitment, variance data, and other project milestone specific information.
- Monitors and manages project quality to ensure project deliverables are acceptable and fulfill the terms of the project contract and specifications.
- Identifies potential project risks and difficulties and designs strategies to mitigate or avoid them.
- Responsible for delivering projects on time, on budget, and with the desired outcome adhering to Extra Space Storage standards and specifications.
- Coordinate project schedules and conduct regular occurring project communications through web-based conference calls.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in business, construction, engineering, or related field preferred plus 2 years’ related experience or accredited education, training or an equivalent combination of education and experience considered.
- Working knowledge of project management discipline with emphasis in facility or construction trades with the ability to establish standards and evaluate quality of work in compliance with trade standards and building codes.
- Highly proficient in all current business software applications. Experience with project management software and computerized maintenance platforms a plus. An ability to demonstrate excel proficiencies is extremely beneficial.
- Demonstrated excellence in organizational and time management skills with the ability to maintain a high degree of accuracy while setting own priorities to coordinate multiple assignments with fluctuating and time-sensitive deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality, judgment, and discretion including the ability to use tact, diplomacy, and professionalism to effectively handle a broad range of high level and sensitive interpersonal situations with diverse personalities, and to respond appropriately to conflicts and problems on a consistent and continuing basis.
If you are a current Extra Space employee, please apply through the "Find Internal Career Openings" in Workday.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.