Commercial Lease Administrator
It is a really exciting time to be at Extra Space Storage! We got our start in 1977. Today we are a New York Stock Exchange-traded company leading the self-storage industry in more ways than one. But in order to maintain this lead, we need exceptionally motivated, capable, and driven people like you. We offer a fast-paced collaborative environment where each of us directly contributes to the company’s success. Come join us and find out why so many of our employees recommend Extra Space Storage as a great place to work.
Extra Space Storage is currently hiring for a Commercial Lease Administrator for our Salt Lake City, UT corporate offices. Extra Space owns and/or operates approximately 1,600+ self-storage facilities across 40 states. Integrated within this portfolio is approximately 1,000,000 square feet of office, retail, warehouse and flex commercial space. Additionally Extra Space has a robust portfolio of cell tower and billboard leases that supplement traditional rental income. Combined, this revenue stream equates to over $17M in annual revenue. In this role, you’ll play an integral role in managing and growing this important revenue stream. This position will work with the VP of Asset Management to oversee and manage this function.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee the commercial space inventory for Extra Space nationwide
- Assist Operations with the leasing of office, retail, warehouse and other non-storage space
- Oversee and drive the leasing of cell towers and billboards
- Administer leases including rent increases, renewals, extensions, CAM reconciliations, COIs, etc.
- Assist with major lease negotiation and tenant improvement construction
- Hire and manage broker relationships and broker managed leasing
- Perform market research and establish market rates on select commercial space
- Organize and track all commercial leasing activity including document organization and tracking
- Organize and track all ground leases including lease abstracting, renewals and extensions
- Assist Operations with tenant delinquencies, credit reports, work consents and account true-ups
- Seek to improve processes, increase commercial space leasing performance and drive revenue growth
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree from a four-year university or college preferred.
- Two to three years related experience and/or training in real estate or related field.
- Previous experience as a residential/commercial loan officer, escrow/title officer, underwriter, processor or real estate sales/leasing.
- Previous experience with Yardi Voyager is preferred
- Possess strong knowledge and skill-set for a variety of computer applications, including Microsoft Office suite
- Ability to question, improve existing processes and proactively take creative license to suggest and improve those processes
- Highly effective written and verbal communication skills
- Process and detail oriented; problem solving attitude
- Strong customer service skills and awareness
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
We pride ourselves on hiring top talent and provide you the following benefits and more:
- Well defined career paths
- Qualify for Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits on Day 1
- Health Savings Account (HSA) or Flexible Spending (FSA)
- Company paid Life, AD&D, and Short & Long Term Disability
- 401K with company match after 90 days of service
- Holiday pay and paid time off
- Extensive Wellness Program and various Employee Discount Programs
- Personal Health Advocate
- Free soda, coffee, and drinks all day every day and much, much more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
If you are a current Extra Space employee, please apply through the "Find Internal Career Openings" in Workday.
Extra Space Storage is the second largest operator of self-storage facilities in the U.S. Since we were founded in 1977, we’ve taken the storage industry by storm. In 2015 alone we added 1.6 Billion dollars in new acquisitions to our already large property portfolio.
The cornerstone of Extra Space Storage is successful partnerships with our stakeholders, partners, investors and customers. Our goals are driven by an impassioned, dedicated workforce that thrives in the innovation driven corporate environment. We are the best, at getting better!
Our Team Makes Us EXTRAordinary
Knowledge is power and experience is valuable. This is why we strive to attract the best candidates for every position at Extra Space Storage. Every position is valuable to our success from our executive management team, corporate employees, on-site managers and call center team.
Offering a Career Path Paved with Innovation and Satisfaction
Attracting the best candidates in any field requires a commitment to job satisfaction. At Extra Space Storage, job satisfaction is high, this is why we have one of the best retention rates in the business. We know that our success depends on our team loving their jobs!
An Extra Space employee is number one valued and knows they are invaluable to the team, customer and company. Second they are passionate enjoying a challenging and rewarding career path armed with the tools they need to succeed. Add a fun work culture and spectacular offices makes Extra Space a pretty amazing place to work.