Commercial Leasing Sr. Manager
The Sr. Manager is responsible for the overall performance of ESS’ commercial portfolio which includes approximately 1.5M SF of office, retail, and flex space as well as billboards and cell towers. This role requires a leader who can leverage a small team of specialists through effective communication and standard operating procedures to manage leasing activities all over the country. This position will directly report to the VP of Asset Management.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Develop, refine and implement standard operating procedures for the commercial leasing process.
· Grow commercial revenues and ensure KPI’s of annual operating plan are on track.
· Offer regular, transparent, and meaningful performance reports.
· Collaborate with operations, facilities, and accounting teams.
· Assist operations with onboarding of new tenants, evictions, and any questions.
· Negotiate and administer rent increases, renewals, and extensions.
· Bachelor’s Degree from a four-year university or college preferred.
· At least five years related experience and/or training in real estate or related field.
· Question existing processes and proactively take initiative to improve them
· Some experience leasing commercial units
· Standard computer skills and comfortable working in Excel
· Strong operations background as well as interpersonal skills
· Clear and effective at communicating throughout the company at all levels
· Can handle a large workload, managing oversight of dozens of projects at any given time
· Drives success of team members
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
If you are a current Extra Space employee, please apply through the "Find Internal Career Openings" in Workday.
Extra Space Storage is the second largest operator of self-storage facilities in the U.S. Since we were founded in 1977, we’ve taken the storage industry by storm. In 2015 alone we added 1.6 billion dollars in new acquisitions to our already large property portfolio.
The cornerstone of Extra Space Storage is successful partnerships with our stakeholders, partners, investors and customers. Our goals are driven by an impassioned, dedicated workforce that thrives in the innovation-driven corporate environment. We are the best at getting better!
Our Team Makes Us EXTRAordinary
Knowledge is power and experience is valuable. This is why we strive to attract the best candidates for every position at Extra Space Storage. Every position is valuable to our success from our executive management team to corporate employees, on-site managers and our call center team.
Offering a Career Path Paved with Innovation and Satisfaction
Attracting the best candidates in any field requires a commitment to job satisfaction. At Extra Space Storage, job satisfaction is high, which is why we have one of the best retention rates in the business. We know that our success depends on our team loving their jobs!
An Extra Space employee is number-one valued and knows they are invaluable to the team, customer and company. They are also passionate and enjoy a challenging and rewarding career path armed with the tools they need to succeed. Add a fun work culture and spectacular offices and you’ll see why Extra Space is an amazing place to work.