It is a really exciting time to be at Extra Space Storage! We got our start in 1977. Today we are a New York Stock Exchange-traded company leading the self-storage industry in more ways than one. But in order to maintain this lead, we need exceptionally motivated, capable, and driven people like you. We offer a fast-paced collaborative environment where each of us directly contributes to the company’s success. Come join us and find out why so many of our employees recommend us as a great place to work.
The Compensation Manager is responsible for day-to-day aspects of Extra Space Storage’s compensation and equity programs. The compensation manager plans, develops and implements new and revised compensation programs, policies and procedures to be responsive to the company's goals and competitive practices.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitors the effectiveness of existing compensation policies, guidelines and procedures recommending plan revision as well as new plans that are cost-effective and consistent with compensation trends and company objectives.
- Collaboration with HR and Business leaders on pay decisions, policy and guideline interpretation, and job evaluation, including the design of creative solutions to specific compensation-related programs.
- Manages the administration of direct compensation (exempt and nonexempt cash compensation programs) for field and corporate staff, including the processing, recording and reporting of compensation-related actions related to employees.
- Develops techniques for compiling, preparing and presenting data.
- Supervises the participation in, conducts and/or purchases exempt and nonexempt salary surveys to ensure corporate compensation objectives are achieved.
- Keeps apprised of federal, state and local compensation laws and regulations to ensure company compliance.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in business, human resources or related field.
- Six to eight years of progressively responsible experience in compensation.
- Knowledge of government regulations as they apply to compensation base and incentive compensation programs, company policies, and operations.
- Certified Compensation Professional (CPP) or SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) or HRCI Certified Professional (PHR) credential.
If you are a current Extra Space employee, please apply through the "Find Internal Career Openings" in Workday
Extra Space Storage is the second largest operator of self-storage facilities in the U.S. Since we were founded in 1977, we’ve taken the storage industry by storm. In 2015 alone we added 1.6 Billion dollars in new acquisitions to our already large property portfolio.
The cornerstone of Extra Space Storage is successful partnerships with our stakeholders, partners, investors and customers. Our goals are driven by an impassioned, dedicated workforce that thrives in the innovation driven corporate environment. We are the best, at getting better!
Our Team Makes Us EXTRAordinary
Knowledge is power and experience is valuable. This is why we strive to attract the best candidates for every position at Extra Space Storage. Every position is valuable to our success from our executive management team, corporate employees, on-site managers and call center team.
Offering a Career Path Paved with Innovation and Satisfaction
Attracting the best candidates in any field requires a commitment to job satisfaction. At Extra Space Storage, job satisfaction is high, this is why we have one of the best retention rates in the business. We know that our success depends on our team loving their jobs!
An Extra Space employee is number one valued and knows they are invaluable to the team, customer and company. Second they are passionate enjoying a challenging and rewarding career path armed with the tools they need to succeed. Add a fun work culture and spectacular offices makes Extra Space a pretty amazing place to work.