Working for Extra Space Storage, you will have the opportunity to be part of a diverse team with excellent company culture. Extra Space Storage was listed in the Top 100 Best Places to Work for in 2020 on Glassdoor. We are the fastest-growing storage company with over 2,000 locations nationwide and can provide you with incredible career and development opportunities.
We are looking for a Custodian that will demonstrate entry-level knowledge of basic building maintenance and some trade support, i.e., basic electrical, plumbing, masonry, custodial, carpentry, painting, doors, roofs, golf carts, etc. The position provides services for single or multiple locations within a District.
Benefits We Offer You
- Outstanding company culture; including steady work hours and work/life balance
- Competitive starting pay
- Paid Time Off accrued throughout the year, increasing with years of service
- Career opportunities throughout the United States
- Generous 401(k) match with Traditional and/or ROTH choices
- Affordable Health Insurance/medical benefit options with up to a $1,000 annual Health Savings Account employer contribution
- EXTRA Healthy Wellness program that includes the potential for $70 each month in credits towards your medical premium and $100 in annual rewards for participation
- Education support program (pursuit of bachelor’s degree)
- BenefitHub discounts: apparel, auto, electronics, entertainment, pets, travel, etc.
- Ensures that company standards of cleanliness and appearance are met or exceeded in offices, restrooms, exterior areas, company units, hallways, etc.
- Cleans vacated units on a timely basis (examines units to ensure that doors, latches, and alarms are functional)Makes pest control inspections and takes appropriate actions
- Ensures that the safe handling and storage of chemicals and cleaners used in performing duties is in compliance with safety standards
- Monitors the physical condition of the facility and reports maintenance requirements and potential equipment failures to the Store Manager
- Performs minor nonstructural carpentry repairs and replacements on doors, fences, and buildings as required. May also do minor plumbing and electrical repairs
- Performs touch up painting and landscape maintenance on the property
- Ensures the facility has sufficient supplies on hand to fulfill job duties
- Demonstrates a general knowledge of site management that includes customer service skills and daily operational knowledge
- Performs other duties as assigned; works with minimum direct supervision; operates effectively on a team
- Maintains a safe environment for employees and customers
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalent
- 3-6 months of related experience and/or training
- Driver’s License and access to reliable transportation
If you are a current Extra Space employee, please apply through the "Find Internal Career Openings" in Workday.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.