As a Custodian, you will act as a crucial member of our team by keeping our facility to the highest of cleanliness and safety standards. We seek hardworking and reliable employees that will strive to treat our customers and store with care and pride.
If this describes you, and a dynamic, growing organization is what you need, you will surely find a home with Extra Space Storage. We will love to consider you and look forward to reviewing your application.
- Cleaning duties, such as sweeping and mopping, wiping down/dusting walls and doors, emptying and cleaning inside storage units, cleaning and restocking restrooms and office area, etc.
- Manages routine upkeep of the exterior areas, including light landscaping, and parking lot areas.
- Additional duties may occasionally include painting floors, walls and doors.
- Monitors the physical condition of the facility and reports maintenance requirements and potential equipment failures to the Store Manager
- Maintains a safe environment for employees and customers
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalent
- Active Driver’s License (Willing and able to drive to other stores in the area)
- At least 1 year of custodian/maintenance experience
- Ability to handle the physical requirements of the job: This position requires constant walking, twisting, turning, lifting at least 30 pounds.
Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Outstanding company culture; including steady work hours and work/life balance
- Competitive starting pay + monthly bonus opportunity
- Paid Time Off accrued throughout the year, increasing with years of service
- Career opportunities throughout the United States
- Generous 401(k) match with Traditional and/or ROTH choices
- Affordable medical benefit options with up to a $1k annual Health Savings Account employer contribution
- EXTRA Healthy Wellness program that includes the potential for monthly credits towards your medical premium and rewards for participation
- Education support program (Bachelor’s degree programs via WGU.edu)
- BenefitHub discounts: apparel, auto, electronics, entertainment, pets, travel, etc.
We value diversity at Extra Space Storage. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
If you are a current Extra Space employee, please apply through the "Find Internal Career Openings" applet in Workday.
If you are a current Extra Space employee, please apply through the "Find Internal Career Openings" in Workday.
Extra Space Storage is the second largest operator of self-storage facilities in the U.S. Since we were founded in 1977, we’ve taken the storage industry by storm. In 2015 alone we added 1.6 Billion dollars in new acquisitions to our already large property portfolio.
The cornerstone of Extra Space Storage is successful partnerships with our stakeholders, partners, investors and customers. Our goals are driven by an impassioned, dedicated workforce that thrives in the innovation driven corporate environment. We are the best, at getting better!
Our Team Makes Us EXTRAordinary
Knowledge is power and experience is valuable. This is why we strive to attract the best candidates for every position at Extra Space Storage. Every position is valuable to our success from our executive management team, corporate employees, on-site managers and call center team.
Offering a Career Path Paved with Innovation and Satisfaction
Attracting the best candidates in any field requires a commitment to job satisfaction. At Extra Space Storage, job satisfaction is high, this is why we have one of the best retention rates in the business. We know that our success depends on our team loving their jobs!
An Extra Space employee is number one valued and knows they are invaluable to the team, customer and company. Second they are passionate enjoying a challenging and rewarding career path armed with the tools they need to succeed. Add a fun work culture and spectacular offices makes Extra Space a pretty amazing place to work.