At Extra Space Storage, if it matters to you, it matters to us!
Since 2016, we have been a part of the S&P 500 and lead the self-storage industry in more ways than one. In 2018, we were a recipient of one of the Best Places to Work according to Glassdoor.
"Our people are the lifeblood of Extra Space." -Joe Margolis, CEO, Extra
We are currently seeking a talented and energetic design leader to add to our growing team. Strong technical abilities and 3-5 years professional experience to perform a variety of technical tasks requiring application of standard techniques and knowledge. Performs in a self-directed manner in all aspects of the building design process, including preparation of presentation materials, Schematic Design, Design Development and Contract Documents, schedule, and programmatic requirements.
- Independently develop preliminary design studies, concepts and sketches for review with project team
- Prepare Documentation for Schematic Design and Design Development.
- Exercise creative judgment and design skills in preparing client presentation materials, including design sketches, renderings, models and graphics.
- Committed to key firm principles including strong communication, teambuilding, excellence in design, quality control, and sustainability.
- Help develop and support specific project goals and provide support to the Project Manager
- Show individual ability to prepare accurate, coordinated and complete Contract Documents including plans, details, sections, elevations and schedules.
- Produce amendments, addenda and bulletins as required to support the project team.
- Lead and prepare revisions and technical alternatives for project team review.
- Perform area calculations and other technical project support functions according to specified standards.
- Assist with site analysis, including survey of existing conditions and field measurements.
- Demonstrated ability to organize, plan and execute tasks independently.
- Understand project work flow, scheduling and project management basics.
- Demonstrate ability to manage the work of project consultants including document review, communications and coordination efforts.
- Coordinates project work with QA/QC program.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate and manage the work of others on the project team.
- Demonstrates a clear leadership role on projects.
- Starting ability to meet with, interact with and build relationships with clients and consultants.
- Strong understanding of Architectural and/or Interior Design principles and theory associated with project design and construction materials and methods.
- Solid understanding of construction methods, including general understanding and comprehension of commercial blueprints and architectural design specifications.
- Demonstrated strength in effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to create architectural renderings and construction documents for commercial and/or large residential projects.
- Prior job experience or training in architectural design, construction, interior design or 3d modeling.
- Experience in the following:
- Creating architectural models in Sketchup Pro
- Drafting experience in an industry standard CAD software such as AutoCad, Revit, Archicad, Softplan, etc.
- Adobe Illustrator
- Background in design tools such as Adobe Photoshop (*helpful but not required)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
If you are a current Extra Space employee, please apply through the "Find Internal Career Openings" in Workday.
Extra Space Storage is the second largest operator of self-storage facilities in the U.S. Since we were founded in 1977, we’ve taken the storage industry by storm. In 2015 alone we added 1.6 Billion dollars in new acquisitions to our already large property portfolio.
The cornerstone of Extra Space Storage is successful partnerships with our stakeholders, partners, investors and customers. Our goals are driven by an impassioned, dedicated workforce that thrives in the innovation driven corporate environment. We are the best, at getting better!
Our Team Makes Us EXTRAordinary
Knowledge is power and experience is valuable. This is why we strive to attract the best candidates for every position at Extra Space Storage. Every position is valuable to our success from our executive management team, corporate employees, on-site managers and call center team.
Offering a Career Path Paved with Innovation and Satisfaction
Attracting the best candidates in any field requires a commitment to job satisfaction. At Extra Space Storage, job satisfaction is high, this is why we have one of the best retention rates in the business. We know that our success depends on our team loving their jobs!
An Extra Space employee is number one valued and knows they are invaluable to the team, customer and company. Second they are passionate enjoying a challenging and rewarding career path armed with the tools they need to succeed. Add a fun work culture and spectacular offices makes Extra Space a pretty amazing place to work.