Digital Content Marketing Strategist
It is a really exciting time to be at Extra Space Storage! We got our start in 1977. Today we are a New York Stock Exchange-traded company leading the self-storage industry in more ways than one. But in order to maintain this lead, we need exceptionally motivated, capable, and driven people like you. We offer a fast-paced collaborative environment where each of us directly contributes to the company’s success. Come join us and find out why Glassdoor recognized Extra Space Storage as one of the top 100 BEST places to work in the U.S.!
Extra Space Storage is currently hiring for a Digital Content Marketing Strategist for our corporate offices in Salt Lake City, UT.
If you are a vibrant storyteller who is passionate about making sure your story reaches its intended audience, this is the position for you. This role is ideal for someone who loves to write with prior PR experience using traditional and digital tactics for sharing a brand’s story. In this role, you will develop content and communications strategies that drive brand visibility and enhance SEO efforts.
Extra Space Storage’s Digital Content Marketing Strategist will be responsible for creating content strategies that are highly engaging, bring social and SEO value, while demonstrating the benefits of the company’s products and services. In addition to building strategies, responsibilities may include writing a portion of the website, social and blog content.
In this role you will be working closely with social media marketing teams to help identify social opportunities as part of the integrated content strategy and looking for off-website publishing opportunities. Your work will need to engage each defined target audience while adhering to established keyword research strategies.
While design duties are not required as a part of this position, experience creating or managing the creation of visual, interactive and video elements of a content strategy are a plus.
You must be authentic and collaborative with general excitement to tell the story of your wins and losses to leadership and coworkers. Reporting and accountability is important in this role. Can you own your wins and losses, and are you willing to share both to make your teammates and the organization stronger?
The ideal candidate will be able to identify two or more of the following prior successes and should tell the story of these successes in cover letter accompanying resume submission:
- A content strategy built as a multi-channel campaign that met predefined goals.
- Ecommerce digital marketing success story (positive ROI) utilizing each of the following disciplines: content marketing, social media marketing, search engine optimization.
- Successful social media campaign designed to reach and activate a pre-defined audience.
- Example of creative, web, or other interactive elements created/designed for use in a digital marketing campaign.
- Successful custom, white-hat link building strategy that used new strategies.
- Recognized public relations work for small, medium and large businesses on both a local and national level.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare content strategies for website, blog, and other channels to meet the goals of multiple digital marketing disciplines.
- Publish and control master content calendar.
- Research competitors and build strategies to advance Extra Space in multiple markets.
- Conduct outreach to promote content among top domains and social influencers.
- Generate copy in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines.
- Ensure written content meets and adheres to overall brand guidelines and individual project strategies.
- Collaborate with other teams to develop and execute holistic digital marketing efforts.
Education and/or Experience:
- Degree in Advertising, Communications, English, Journalism, Marketing, or related field.
- 6+ years of experience in content creation, copywriting, editing, marketing, public relations or similar advertising position(s)
- Prior WordPress publishing experience.
- Proven ability to find and manage vendors necessary for executing on digital strategies.
- Excellent editing skills used to review your own and others’ work for spelling and grammatical errors, word choice, organization and formatting issues.
- Thorough understanding of AP Stylebook.
- Familiarity with SEO-driven keyword research.
- Willingness to stay up-to-date on the latest digital marketing offerings and trends impacting your position.
- Must be a self-starter who understands the importance of being responsible to yourself and our team.
- Outstanding creative, collaboration, and teamwork skills.
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Strong marketing mind with the ability to communicate value to the intended audience.
- Strong writing and communication skills with ability to adjust voice and style to type of content being created.
- Desire to keep learning and growing as a writer/marketer.
- Ability to manage multiple content development and promotion initiatives and meet deadlines.
- Ability to research and connect with sources independently.
- Ability to review own work for organization, spelling and grammar, tone, and brand guidelines.
- Ability to review information and data then turn your learnings into actionable, compelling, and engaging content.
- Ability to test and measure results with excitement.
We pride ourselves on hiring top talent and provide you the following benefits and more:
- Well defined career paths
- Qualify for Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits on Day 1
- Health Savings Account (HSA) or Flexible Spending (FSA)
- Company paid Life, AD&D, and Short & Long Term Disability
- 401K with company match after 90 days of service
- Holiday pay and paid time off
- Extensive Wellness Program and various Employee Discount Programs
- Personal Health Advocate
- 24-hour access to the onsite Fitness Center.
- Free soda, coffee, and drinks all day every day and much, much more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
If you are a current Extra Space employee, please apply through the "Find Internal Career Openings" in Workday
Extra Space Storage is the second largest operator of self-storage facilities in the U.S. Since we were founded in 1977, we’ve taken the storage industry by storm. In 2015 alone we added 1.6 Billion dollars in new acquisitions to our already large property portfolio.
The cornerstone of Extra Space Storage is successful partnerships with our stakeholders, partners, investors and customers. Our goals are driven by an impassioned, dedicated workforce that thrives in the innovation driven corporate environment. We are the best, at getting better!
Our Team Makes Us EXTRAordinary
Knowledge is power and experience is valuable. This is why we strive to attract the best candidates for every position at Extra Space Storage. Every position is valuable to our success from our executive management team, corporate employees, on-site managers and call center team.
Offering a Career Path Paved with Innovation and Satisfaction
Attracting the best candidates in any field requires a commitment to job satisfaction. At Extra Space Storage, job satisfaction is high, this is why we have one of the best retention rates in the business. We know that our success depends on our team loving their jobs!
An Extra Space employee is number one valued and knows they are invaluable to the team, customer and company. Second they are passionate enjoying a challenging and rewarding career path armed with the tools they need to succeed. Add a fun work culture and spectacular offices makes Extra Space a pretty amazing place to work.