Why Join Us?
Do you enjoy hiring and developing a phenomenal team? Are you passionate about taking care of customers? You will love our fun and dynamic company culture without the retail hours! We want a high-energy and creative leader that brings awesome multi-unit skills and is ready to join our fast-growing Extra Space family. Since 2016 we have been a part of the S&P 500 and lead the self-storage industry in more ways than one.
By developing and guiding your talented team members across multiple stores, you will be able to meet the needs of our customers and impact growth across Extra Space Storage.
"Our people are the lifeblood of Extra Space." -Joe Margolis, CEO of Extra Space Storage.
3+ years of multi-unit operations experience in one or more of the following: retail, restaurant, hotel, leasing, rental, or other customer service operation with responsibility for operating 5+ stores. Exceptional leadership, interpersonal, communication and analytical skills. Bachelor’s degree preferred. Ability and willingness to relocate to Dallas or other locations as directed by the Divisional Vice President.
- You demonstrate a real passion for teamwork by coaching and leading your talented team to deliver excellent customer experiences.
- You serve as trustworthy support and resource to your team.
- By partnering closely with your team and encouraging their growth and opportunities, you are able to help each other attain outstanding results.
- You listen to customer feedback to seek potential opportunities for improvement and innovations.
- You grow a portfolio of successful stores by executing district-level strategies specific to each store’s unique strengths and opportunities.
- Manages rental rates, discounts, Customer Protection Plan and other income sources.
- Delivers the highest R.O.I. for each store by diligently handling controllable expenses.
- Audits stores on a semi-annual basis, prepares reports and ensures follow up on any necessary action.
- Analyzes and ensures integrity of financial reports / P&L; addresses trends and issues in district to drive positive results.
- Accesses external resources to support district-wide operations and to execute district and regional initiatives such as human resources, revenue management, procurement, finance, and marketing.
We value diversity at Extra Space Storage. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We are committed to providing a work environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity, and that promotes equal employment opportunities and prohibits discriminatory practices, including harassment.
If you are a current Extra Space employee, please apply through the "Find Internal Career Openings" in Workday
Extra Space Storage is the second largest operator of self-storage facilities in the U.S. Since we were founded in 1977, we’ve taken the storage industry by storm. In 2015 alone we added 1.6 Billion dollars in new acquisitions to our already large property portfolio.
The cornerstone of Extra Space Storage is successful partnerships with our stakeholders, partners, investors and customers. Our goals are driven by an impassioned, dedicated workforce that thrives in the innovation driven corporate environment. We are the best, at getting better!
Our Team Makes Us EXTRAordinary
Knowledge is power and experience is valuable. This is why we strive to attract the best candidates for every position at Extra Space Storage. Every position is valuable to our success from our executive management team, corporate employees, on-site managers and call center team.
Offering a Career Path Paved with Innovation and Satisfaction
Attracting the best candidates in any field requires a commitment to job satisfaction. At Extra Space Storage, job satisfaction is high, this is why we have one of the best retention rates in the business. We know that our success depends on our team loving their jobs!
An Extra Space employee is number one valued and knows they are invaluable to the team, customer and company. Second they are passionate enjoying a challenging and rewarding career path armed with the tools they need to succeed. Add a fun work culture and spectacular offices makes Extra Space a pretty amazing place to work.