District Team Lead
Fast-paced and collaborative company with over 1,300 stores (and growing) seeks career-oriented, success-driven, passionate, intelligent and fun store manager for challenges, success and career growth!
The District Team Lead is one of the first line representatives to our customers. This position is responsible for maintaining the daily operations of single or multiple site locations. In addition to their duties and responsibilities as a Store Manager (SM), the District Team Lead (DTL) assists the District Manager (DM) in the execution of the district’s vision and strategy and assists the Division Learning Manager (DLM) with individual and organizational training initiatives as described below.
Effectively provides district leadership and performs training functions in the district by:
- Ensuring completion of Day One Onboarding process in respective systems with new hires
- Training and assisting in the development of new employees using Extra Space University (LMS) and effective adult learning, behavior based learning methodologies
- Providing on-going training and mentoring of new policies and procedures as well as follow-up skill retraining as directed by the DM/DLM through effective role-playing, coaching, and knowledge sharing
- Serving as a resource and acting as policy and procedure expert for the district regarding operations, sales, marketing and computer processes
- Coordinating as needed and delivering training in district meetings and conference calls including job aids, content, ice breakers, team building, as directed by the DM/DLM
- Screening candidates for open positions
- Acting as first contact for customer issues before escalation to the District Manager
- Partnering with DM to drive operational goals and district contests
- Adequately scheduling personnel
- Assisting DM in conducting audits, Extra Clean site visits, and any other district projects as needed
- Coordinating activities related to new store openings and closings
- Employees must have a current Driver License and must be able to travel to a number of properties.
- Must be a tenured Store Manager of at least six months.
- A High School diploma/GED equivalent and at least one year of related experience and/or training in direct sales, retail and/or customer service is required.
- Leadership skills and experience supervising others is required.
- Preference is given for college work or degrees.
If you are a current Extra Space employee, please apply through the "Find Internal Career Openings" in Workday.
Extra Space Storage is the second largest operator of self-storage facilities in the U.S. Since we were founded in 1977, we’ve taken the storage industry by storm. In 2015 alone we added 1.6 Billion dollars in new acquisitions to our already large property portfolio.
The cornerstone of Extra Space Storage is successful partnerships with our stakeholders, partners, investors and customers. Our goals are driven by an impassioned, dedicated workforce that thrives in the innovation driven corporate environment. We are the best, at getting better!
Our Team Makes Us EXTRAordinary
Knowledge is power and experience is valuable. This is why we strive to attract the best candidates for every position at Extra Space Storage. Every position is valuable to our success from our executive management team, corporate employees, on-site managers and call center team.
Offering a Career Path Paved with Innovation and Satisfaction
Attracting the best candidates in any field requires a commitment to job satisfaction. At Extra Space Storage, job satisfaction is high, this is why we have one of the best retention rates in the business. We know that our success depends on our team loving their jobs!
An Extra Space employee is number one valued and knows they are invaluable to the team, customer and company. Second they are passionate enjoying a challenging and rewarding career path armed with the tools they need to succeed. Add a fun work culture and spectacular offices makes Extra Space a pretty amazing place to work.