Division Vice President
At Extra Space Storage, if it matters to you, it matters to us!
It is a really exciting time to be at Extra Space Storage! Extra Space Storage got its start in 1977. Between now and then, we’ve come a long way. Today we are a New York Stock Exchange-traded company leading the self-storage industry in more ways than one. But in order to maintain this lead, we need exceptionally motivated, capable, and driven people like you. We offer a fast-paced collaborative environment where each of us directly contributes to the company’s success. Come join our growing industry and find out why so many of our employees recommend Extra Space Storage as a great place to work.
This position will be responsible for all districts in Northern California, Utah, Oregon, and Washington.
In this role, you will promote collaboration among the Operations team and individual Divisions to provide innovative customer solutions and superior customer service and provides vision and leadership toward obtaining overall company goals through measurement and redirection to accomplish key performance indicators.
You will collaborate with the Sr Leadership team to develop, recommend and implement strategies to optimize revenue and capture additional markets as well as coach and mentor District Managers and Store Managers across the organization to promote professional growth. You will supervise between eight to twelve District Managers, and 80 to 130 properties which can vary based on size, complexity and geography.
- Managing business operations, improving profitability, executing growth initiatives
- Formulate and execute the strategic plan that guides the direction of store operations.
- Achieve the organization's overall strategic goals and profitability requirements as determined by the strategic plans.
- Ensures the execution of all revenue and expense management, personnel development, and site improvement strategies through the direct supervision of District Managers for all new and existing properties on a market-by-market and store-by-store basis.
- Actively manage customer satisfaction through analysis of customer feedback, scrutiny of performance metrics and improvement of customer service systems and processes.
- Monitor compliance with Extra Space Storage policies and procedures.
- Maintain awareness of both the external and internal competitive landscape to include opportunities for expansion, customers, markets, new industry developments and standards, and so forth.
- Make recommendations relative to future marketing programs for the Company, Division, and Districts.
- Evaluate general and specific business conditions as they relate to operational issues, and keep the Senior Management team fully advised on these matters.
- Partner with each District Manager to effectively staff store management level positions and facilitate leadership development.
- Primary contact for all conflict resolution with customers, vendors and suppliers (at operations level) if District Managers are unable to facilitate an expedient remedy.
- Lead the knowledge sharing and implementation of best practices across Districts.
Qualifications and Experience:
- A minimum of 8 - 10 years of senior-level multi-unit retail operations management experience; retail experience preferred
- A college degree in business or a related field is preferred. In the absence of a degree, additional related experience is required
- Demonstrated experience and success of effectively leading change and organizational growth
- Personal and professional integrity, initiative, passion for superior customer service at all levels, and the ability to inspire and motivate
- Ability to live and lead the Extra Space Storage values: Integrity, Excellence, Innovation, Teamwork, and Passion
- Cross-functional management skill set including operations, sales, administration
- Strong background in analysis, critical decision making and process improvement
- Strong financial acumen; previous P&L experience required
If you are a current Extra Space employee, please apply through the "Find Internal Career Openings" in Workday.
Extra Space Storage is the second largest operator of self-storage facilities in the U.S. Since we were founded in 1977, we’ve taken the storage industry by storm. In 2015 alone we added 1.6 Billion dollars in new acquisitions to our already large property portfolio.
The cornerstone of Extra Space Storage is successful partnerships with our stakeholders, partners, investors and customers. Our goals are driven by an impassioned, dedicated workforce that thrives in the innovation driven corporate environment. We are the best, at getting better!
Our Team Makes Us EXTRAordinary
Knowledge is power and experience is valuable. This is why we strive to attract the best candidates for every position at Extra Space Storage. Every position is valuable to our success from our executive management team, corporate employees, on-site managers and call center team.
Offering a Career Path Paved with Innovation and Satisfaction
Attracting the best candidates in any field requires a commitment to job satisfaction. At Extra Space Storage, job satisfaction is high, this is why we have one of the best retention rates in the business. We know that our success depends on our team loving their jobs!
An Extra Space employee is number one valued and knows they are invaluable to the team, customer and company. Second they are passionate enjoying a challenging and rewarding career path armed with the tools they need to succeed. Add a fun work culture and spectacular offices makes Extra Space a pretty amazing place to work.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: R-11553