Executive Assistant (Construction)
It is a really exciting time to be at Extra Space Storage! We got our start in 1977. Today we are a New York Stock Exchange-traded company leading the self-storage industry in more ways than one. But in order to maintain this lead, we need exceptionally motivated, capable, and driven people like you. We offer a fast-paced collaborative environment where each of us directly contributes to the company’s success. Come join us and find out why Glassdoor has recognized Extra Space as one of the top 100 companies to work for in 2018!
We're currently hiring for an Executive Assistant to support the SVP of Construction and Facility Management at our corporate offices located in Salt Lake City, UT. Under general supervision, you will perform advanced administrative/business support functions, many of a confidential nature.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operates a variety of computer applications including word processing, spreadsheet and database programs to produce a variety of documents including reports, charts, proposals, and spreadsheets with varying levels of complexity and output requirements.
- Create and distribute key monthly performance reports for construction and facility management departments.
- Assist in the creation and consolidation of annual capital budgets including executive summary reports.
- Creates and maintains database and spreadsheet files.
- Assist Directors of Facilities (East/West Coast) with periodic report management functions
- Exercises considerable judgment and discretion in coordinating and integrating schedules for corporate executives, tracking deadlines and key dates for departments, preparing agendas and routing telephone calls.
- Manage and maintain executive's electronic calendar and appointment schedule by planning and scheduling meetings, conferences, teleconferences, and travel.
- Prepare for meetings including ordering lunch, booking conference rooms, setting up projector or video conferencing units.
- Arrange complex corporate travel by developing itineraries and agendas, booking air travel and other transportation; arranging lodging & meeting accommodations and accompanies supervisor when requested. Be available during travel time to quickly address any last minute changes or cancellations.
- Accurately tracks executive expenses by managing credit cards and receipts. Processes and submits receipts accurately and on schedule.
- Conserves executive's time by reading, researching, and routing correspondence; drafting letters and documents; collecting and analyzing information; initiating telecommunications.
- Prepares memorandums outlining and explaining administrative procedures and policies to supervisory workers and monitors compliance.
- Provides historical reference by developing and utilizing filing and retrieval systems; recording meeting discussions. Verifies site files contain appropriate and legal documentation.
- Performs as required special projects or assignments from human resources, accounting, marketing/sales or other corporate office departments which may require compiling data from various sources, contacting other companies or agencies, organizing details and events, researching data and information requirements and preparing preliminary analysis and reporting/generating accurate and timely reports
Education and/or Experience:
- High School diploma or GED required; some college experience helpful
- Minimum 2-3 years’ experience providing administrative/business support functions demonstrating strong administrative support skills in an executive office environment
- Thorough knowledge of and strong skills in various computer applications including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and database program capabilities to figure out best approach for assigned projects.
- Knowledge of a wide variety of automated office systems, machines and equipment
- Ability to type 50-60 wpm minimum
- Must be able to handle multiple projects in a fast paced, changing environment.
- Displays excellent communication skills including presentation and negotiation skills required in working with guests, vendors, and coworkers and including the ability to communicate effectively and remain calm and courteous under pressure.
We pride ourselves on hiring top talent and provide the following benefits and more:
- Well defined career paths
- Qualify for Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits on Day 1
- Health Savings Account (HSA) or Flexible Spending (FSA)
- Company paid Life, AD&D, and Short & Long Term Disability
- 401K with company match after 90 days of service
- Holiday pay and paid time off
- Extensive Wellness Program and various Employee Discount Programs
- Access 24/7 to the onsite Fitness Center
- Personal Health Advocate
- Free soda, coffee, and drinks all day every day and much, much more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
If you are a current Extra Space employee, please apply through the "Find Internal Career Openings" in Workday
Extra Space Storage is the second largest operator of self-storage facilities in the U.S. Since we were founded in 1977, we’ve taken the storage industry by storm. In 2015 alone we added 1.6 Billion dollars in new acquisitions to our already large property portfolio.
The cornerstone of Extra Space Storage is successful partnerships with our stakeholders, partners, investors and customers. Our goals are driven by an impassioned, dedicated workforce that thrives in the innovation driven corporate environment. We are the best, at getting better!
Our Team Makes Us EXTRAordinary
Knowledge is power and experience is valuable. This is why we strive to attract the best candidates for every position at Extra Space Storage. Every position is valuable to our success from our executive management team, corporate employees, on-site managers and call center team.
Offering a Career Path Paved with Innovation and Satisfaction
Attracting the best candidates in any field requires a commitment to job satisfaction. At Extra Space Storage, job satisfaction is high, this is why we have one of the best retention rates in the business. We know that our success depends on our team loving their jobs!
An Extra Space employee is number one valued and knows they are invaluable to the team, customer and company. Second they are passionate enjoying a challenging and rewarding career path armed with the tools they need to succeed. Add a fun work culture and spectacular offices makes Extra Space a pretty amazing place to work.