Why Join Us?
At Extra Space Storage we offer a great company culture without the retail hours! Since 2016 we have been a part of the S&P 500 and lead the self-storage industry in more ways than one. In addition, we are the recipient of multiple Best Places to Work. We are looking for engaged employees to join our team as we continue to experience amazing growth.
Extra Space Storage Culture Guide
The Executive Assistant (Field Operations Manager) is a self-starter that provides on-going support and coordinates various operations’ initiatives within the Field Operations department to support Sr. VP of Operations, Divisional Vice Presidents and District Managers. The employee will work under the direction of the Sr. VP of Operations to maintain company policies, procedures, and drive toward strategic goals. This position is key in the success of the Operations team and building relationships with the Field Operations Team they work with.
- General administrative support for the assigned Sr. Vice President team to include travel and logistics coordination, calendar and call scheduling and management, interview scheduling, site visit preparation, monthly one on one preparation (PEPC), and expense report preparation.
- Provide office management for Sr. VP of Operations’ divisional office (coordinate office supply orders, repairs and maintenance, assist with lease implementation)
- Takes notes during monthly Ops calls; distribute notes to appropriate parties.
- Serve as planner and executor, with direction by the Sr. VP of Operations, of coastal Ops meetings.
- Coordinate division level Operations processes on a coastal basis and general compliance with tasks such as open items uploads, One Note management, financial coordination and content evaluation, customer complaints, SPOT cards
- General administrative support for the Sr. VP of Operations as well as the assigned coastal DVP team
- Coordinate gathering feedback and results from multiple geographic areas, departments and positions among the company.
- Balancing multiple duties and time constraints with excellent time management
- Projects as assigned and defined by Divisional Vice President and/or Sr. VP of Operations
- Proactively finds solutions to hurdles encountered to ensure timely completion.
- Thorough knowledge of, and strong skill set for a variety of computer applications, including the Windows Platform of Microsoft office applications (word processing, spreadsheet, email and database program capabilities) to determine best approach for assigned project.
- Intermediate Microsoft Excel knowledge required - Pivot Table, Subtotal, Conditional Formatting, Table Styles, Charting, Data Analysis and Grouping tools.
- Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Demonstrable ability to organize work for multiple executives and prioritize effectively
- Highly effective written and verbal communication skills
- Able to work independently of direct oversight and as a team
- Customer-focused attitude and drive to satisfy internal and external customer needs
- Current Driver’s License required
Education and Experience
High School graduate or equivalent required. Bachelor’s Degree preferred. Two to four years’ experience in a management, operations support, and\or analysis role.
If you are a current Extra Space employee, please apply through the "Find Internal Career Openings" in Workday.
Extra Space Storage is the second largest operator of self-storage facilities in the U.S. Since we were founded in 1977, we’ve taken the storage industry by storm. In 2015 alone we added 1.6 Billion dollars in new acquisitions to our already large property portfolio.
The cornerstone of Extra Space Storage is successful partnerships with our stakeholders, partners, investors and customers. Our goals are driven by an impassioned, dedicated workforce that thrives in the innovation driven corporate environment. We are the best, at getting better!
Our Team Makes Us EXTRAordinary
Knowledge is power and experience is valuable. This is why we strive to attract the best candidates for every position at Extra Space Storage. Every position is valuable to our success from our executive management team, corporate employees, on-site managers and call center team.
Offering a Career Path Paved with Innovation and Satisfaction
Attracting the best candidates in any field requires a commitment to job satisfaction. At Extra Space Storage, job satisfaction is high, this is why we have one of the best retention rates in the business. We know that our success depends on our team loving their jobs!
An Extra Space employee is number one valued and knows they are invaluable to the team, customer and company. Second they are passionate enjoying a challenging and rewarding career path armed with the tools they need to succeed. Add a fun work culture and spectacular offices makes Extra Space a pretty amazing place to work.