- Operates a variety of computer applications including word processing, spreadsheet, and database programs to produce a variety of documents including reports, charts, proposals, and spreadsheets with varying levels of complexity and output requirements.
- Exercises a high degree of confidentiality, judgment, and discretion including the ability to use tact, diplomacy, and professionalism to effectively handle a broad range of high level sensitive information, including interpersonal situations with diverse personalities, and to respond appropriately to conflicts and problems on a consistent and continuing basis.
- Coordinate department and project activities including contract administration, purchase orders, vendor management, invoice coding and audit compliance.
- Integrate schedules for department meetings, leadership, and corporate executives, developing department level calendars, meeting coordination, tracking deadlines and key dates for the department.
- Perform as required special projects or assignments from cross functional departments including human resources, accounting, marketing/sales or other corporate office departments which may require compiling data from various sources, contacting other companies or agencies, organizing details and events, researching data and information requirements and preparing preliminary analysis and reporting, generating accurate and timely reports.
- Maintains historical records and project reference retrieval by developing and utilizing filing and retrieval systems, leveraging technology to verify project and site files contain appropriate audit and compliance records and legal documentation.
- Prepares memorandums and documents outlining and explaining administrative procedures and policies and monitors compliance.
- Assists Facilities leadership with periodic report management functions.
- Prepares for meetings including ordering lunch, booking conference rooms, coordinating activities, and capturing meeting notes as required and provide follow-up on deliverables and due dates.
- Creates and distribute key monthly performance reports for facility management department.
- Assists in the creation and consolidation of annual budgets as needed including executive summary reports.
- Creates and maintains database and spreadsheet files as needed to track progress against goals and compliance to policies.
- Must be able to handle multiple projects in a fast-paced, changing environment
Education and Experience
- High School diploma or GED equivalent; some college experience preferred.
- Minimum 2-3 years’ experience providing similar coordination activities, administrative or business management support functions.
- Demonstrated track record of providing effective administrative support in an executive office environment with the ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality, judgment, and discretion.
- Knowledge of a wide variety of automated office systems, machines and equipment.
- Thorough knowledge of and strong skills in various computer applications including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and database program capabilities to figure out best approach for assigned projects.
- Ability to type 50-60 wpm.
If you are a current Extra Space employee, please apply through the "Find Internal Career Openings" in Workday.
Extra Space Storage is the second largest operator of self-storage facilities in the U.S. Since we were founded in 1977, we’ve taken the storage industry by storm. In 2015 alone we added 1.6 Billion dollars in new acquisitions to our already large property portfolio.
The cornerstone of Extra Space Storage is successful partnerships with our stakeholders, partners, investors and customers. Our goals are driven by an impassioned, dedicated workforce that thrives in the innovation driven corporate environment. We are the best, at getting better!
Our Team Makes Us EXTRAordinary
Knowledge is power and experience is valuable. This is why we strive to attract the best candidates for every position at Extra Space Storage. Every position is valuable to our success from our executive management team, corporate employees, on-site managers and call center team.
Offering a Career Path Paved with Innovation and Satisfaction
Attracting the best candidates in any field requires a commitment to job satisfaction. At Extra Space Storage, job satisfaction is high, this is why we have one of the best retention rates in the business. We know that our success depends on our team loving their jobs!
An Extra Space employee is number one valued and knows they are invaluable to the team, customer and company. Second they are passionate enjoying a challenging and rewarding career path armed with the tools they need to succeed. Add a fun work culture and spectacular offices makes Extra Space a pretty amazing place to work.