Help Desk Technician
It is a really exciting time to be at Extra Space Storage! We got our start in 1977. Today we are a New York Stock Exchange-traded company leading the self-storage industry in more ways than one. But in order to maintain this lead, we need exceptionally motivated, capable, and driven people like you. We offer a fast-paced collaborative environment where each of us directly contributes to the company’s success. Come join us and find out why so many of our employees recommend Extra Space Storage as a great place to work.
We're currently hiring for a Help Desk Technician I for our corporate offices in Salt Lake City, UT. In this position, you will provide full end-user help desk support by allocating, configuring, delivering, troubleshooting, and maintaining systems and software. You will support internal company corporate and remote site locations in a fun, fast-paced, and challenging environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ability to identify, troubleshoot and resolve Level One technical issues relating to computer systems, hardware, software, telecommunications, printers and networking.
- Assist internal employees who are experiencing any procedural or operating difficulty with the use of company applications, products or services.
- Respond to requests for technical assistance via phone, in person, or remotely using remote desktop software.
- Communicate effectively and concisely, both verbally and in writing.
- Identify and escalate issues requiring urgent attention or a higher level of knowledge.
- Identify common issues and report those issues to management.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Follow Help Desk practices and procedures.
Education and/or Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED with one year or more of Help Desk experience; or equivalent education
- A+ Certification is preferred
- Previous experience with Windows 7 and 8 and Microsoft Office 2013 Suite
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills and openness to new technologies
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal as well as verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced, decentralized work environment
We pride ourselves on hiring top talent and provide the following benefits and more:
- Well defined career paths
- Qualify for Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits on Day 1
- Health Savings Account (HSA) or Flexible Spending (FSA)
- Company paid Life, AD&D, and Short & Long Term Disability
- 401K with company match after 90 days of service
- Holiday pay and paid time off
- Extensive Wellness Program and various Employee Discount Programs
- Personal Health Advocate
- 24-hour access to on-site gym
- Free soda, coffee, and drinks all day every day and much, much more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
If you are a current Extra Space employee, please apply through the "Find Internal Career Openings" in Workday
Extra Space Storage is the second largest operator of self-storage facilities in the U.S. Since we were founded in 1977, we’ve taken the storage industry by storm. In 2015 alone we added 1.6 Billion dollars in new acquisitions to our already large property portfolio.
The cornerstone of Extra Space Storage is successful partnerships with our stakeholders, partners, investors and customers. Our goals are driven by an impassioned, dedicated workforce that thrives in the innovation driven corporate environment. We are the best, at getting better!
Our Team Makes Us EXTRAordinary
Knowledge is power and experience is valuable. This is why we strive to attract the best candidates for every position at Extra Space Storage. Every position is valuable to our success from our executive management team, corporate employees, on-site managers and call center team.
Offering a Career Path Paved with Innovation and Satisfaction
Attracting the best candidates in any field requires a commitment to job satisfaction. At Extra Space Storage, job satisfaction is high, this is why we have one of the best retention rates in the business. We know that our success depends on our team loving their jobs!
An Extra Space employee is number one valued and knows they are invaluable to the team, customer and company. Second they are passionate enjoying a challenging and rewarding career path armed with the tools they need to succeed. Add a fun work culture and spectacular offices makes Extra Space a pretty amazing place to work.