It is a really exciting time to be at Extra Space Storage! We got our start in 1977. Today we are a New York Stock Exchange-traded company leading the self-storage industry in more ways than one. But in order to maintain this lead, we need exceptionally motivated, capable, and driven people like you. We offer a fast-paced collaborative environment where each of us directly contributes to the company’s success. Come join us and find out why so many of our employees recommend us as great place to work.
Extra Space is currently hiring for an HR Coordinator at our corporate office in Cottonwood Heights, UT. In this role, you’ll be providing amazing service with various aspects of human resources supporting employ ees and management staff. You will act as an HR resource to help coordinate and execute on such processes to include on-boarding, employee relations, benefits, legal and compliance issues and to support the communication and understanding of policies. To be successful, you will need to demonstrate a high level of integrity, a strong attention to detail in a confidential HR environment, a high sense of urgency, and a pro-active approach to customer service.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Serve as a contact for employee inquiries in person, via email and through online service request process
- Provide administrative support to the People team related to coordinating projects, communications and ongoing tracking and tasks
- Coordinate onboarding, termination, and unemployment activities
- Assist with implementation and maintenance of human resources policies and procedures while ensuring compliance to all local and federal laws
- Support existing and create new communication vehicles for employees
- Assist recruiting, HRIS, benefits, compensation, employee relations, learning and development and payroll teams on projects and special assignments
- Prior administrative experience required
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) in Human Resources or a related field from a four-year college or university preferred
- PHR certification preferred
- Knowledge of key human resources topics including recruiting, employment law, compensation, and basic skills in performance management and employee development preferred
- Possess strong project management and organizational skills, excellent communication, presentation and facilitation skills, strong customer service, problem solving and conflict resolution skills, and expert knowledge of Microsoft Office; Excel, Power Point, Word, & Outlook
We pride ourselves on hiring top talent and provide the following benefits and more:
- Well defined career paths
- Qualify for Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits on Day 1
- Health Savings Account (HSA) or Flexible Spending (FSA)
- Company paid Life, AD&D, and Short & Long Term Disability
- 401K with company match after 90 days of service
- Holiday pay and paid time off
- Extensive Wellness Program and various Employee Discount Programs
- Personal Health Advocate
- Onsite Fitness Center
- Free soda, coffee, and drinks all day every day and much, much more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
If you are a current Extra Space employee, please apply through the "Find Internal Career Openings" in Workday.
Extra Space Storage is the second largest operator of self-storage facilities in the U.S. Since we were founded in 1977, we’ve taken the storage industry by storm. In 2015 alone we added 1.6 Billion dollars in new acquisitions to our already large property portfolio.
The cornerstone of Extra Space Storage is successful partnerships with our stakeholders, partners, investors and customers. Our goals are driven by an impassioned, dedicated workforce that thrives in the innovation driven corporate environment. We are the best, at getting better!
Our Team Makes Us EXTRAordinary
Knowledge is power and experience is valuable. This is why we strive to attract the best candidates for every position at Extra Space Storage. Every position is valuable to our success from our executive management team, corporate employees, on-site managers and call center team.
Offering a Career Path Paved with Innovation and Satisfaction
Attracting the best candidates in any field requires a commitment to job satisfaction. At Extra Space Storage, job satisfaction is high, this is why we have one of the best retention rates in the business. We know that our success depends on our team loving their jobs!
An Extra Space employee is number one valued and knows they are invaluable to the team, customer and company. Second they are passionate enjoying a challenging and rewarding career path armed with the tools they need to succeed. Add a fun work culture and spectacular offices makes Extra Space a pretty amazing place to work.