- Work with and counsel managers on employee relations issues through timely resolution of performance management, ADA, FMLA, EEOC, harassment, and other investigations
- Work with direct supervisors to manage cases as assigned to successfully coach, develop or separate employees
- Provide specialized training when required (i.e. harassment training)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business Management, or related field required.
- 3-5 years of relevant human resource manager experience and/or training. Multi-state experience a plus.
- PHR/SPHR/SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP certification preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in applying labor law and precedents to immediate and changing circumstances.
- Proven ability to build relationships at all levels within assigned area.
- A creative approach to problem solving, with a humble, team oriented and optimistic attitude.
- Ability to effectively translate complex information into clear and effective messages.
- Communicates clearly and effectively with associates at all levels.
- Strong verbal and written presentation skills including the ability to communicate complex ideas in a simple way and to tailor key messages and presentation style to multiple audiences.
- Goal oriented and possesses the ability to prioritize on a consistent basis in an ever-changing environment.
- Up to 25% travel.
We pride ourselves on hiring top talent and provide the following benefits and more:
- Well defined career paths.
- Qualify for Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits on Day 1.
- Health Savings Account (HSA) or Flexible Spending (FSA).
- Company paid Life, AD&D, and Short & Long Term Disability.
- 401K with company match after 90 days of service.
- Holiday pay and paid time off.
- Extensive Wellness Program, various Employee Discount Programs, and much, much more!
If you are dedicated with a positive attitude we invite you to come join our team. Employment is contingent on successful completion of a background and drug screening.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
If you are a current Extra Space employee, please apply through the "Find Internal Career Openings" in Workday.
Extra Space Storage is the second largest operator of self-storage facilities in the U.S. Since we were founded in 1977, we’ve taken the storage industry by storm. In 2015 alone we added 1.6 Billion dollars in new acquisitions to our already large property portfolio.
The cornerstone of Extra Space Storage is successful partnerships with our stakeholders, partners, investors and customers. Our goals are driven by an impassioned, dedicated workforce that thrives in the innovation driven corporate environment. We are the best, at getting better!
Our Team Makes Us EXTRAordinary
Knowledge is power and experience is valuable. This is why we strive to attract the best candidates for every position at Extra Space Storage. Every position is valuable to our success from our executive management team, corporate employees, on-site managers and call center team.
Offering a Career Path Paved with Innovation and Satisfaction
Attracting the best candidates in any field requires a commitment to job satisfaction. At Extra Space Storage, job satisfaction is high, this is why we have one of the best retention rates in the business. We know that our success depends on our team loving their jobs!
An Extra Space employee is number one valued and knows they are invaluable to the team, customer and company. Second they are passionate enjoying a challenging and rewarding career path armed with the tools they need to succeed. Add a fun work culture and spectacular offices makes Extra Space a pretty amazing place to work.