Human Resources Generalist
It is a really exciting time to be at Extra Space Storage! We got our start in 1977. Today we are a New York Stock Exchange-traded company leading the self-storage industry in more ways than one. But in order to maintain this lead, we need exceptionally motivated, capable, and driven people like you. We offer a fast-paced collaborative environment where each of us directly contributes to the company’s success. Come join us and find out why so many of our employees recommend us as great place to work.
Extra Space is currently hiring for an HR Generalist at our National Sales Center (Call Center)in Midvale, UT. In this role, you’ll be responsible for execution of various aspects of human resources supporting employees and management staff. You will act as an HR resource and help coordinate and execute on such processes to include talent acquisition, on-boarding, employee relations, performance management, compensation and the merit cycle, employee engagement, legal and compliance issues and to ensure company policies are communicated, understood and followed. To be successful, you will need to demonstrate a high level of integrity, a strong depth of HR knowledge, high sense of urgency, and a pro-active approach to customer service.
Why Extra Space Storage?
Culture - We have a great retail environment without the retail hours. Our work/life balance is unheard of in the retail world.
Growth - We are growing as a company! As we grow we add more stores, more people and more opportunities.
Pay/Benefits - We have a great compensation plan and benefits to ensure you are covered!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Source, interview and select top talent; coordinate with management to meet staffing needs.
- Establish self as ‘go to’ HR person on effective employment practices by developing effective working relationships with managers and employees within assigned area(s)
- Work with management on performance management issues, employee inquiries or complaints, as well as the implementation of company-wide HR activities
- Partner with HR Leadership and Legal, if necessary, to conduct investigations and recommend actions to effectively resolve policy violations
- Analyze trends as they relate to employee performance, talent acquisition, employee development, engagement, and employee issues and recommend appropriate application or resolution
- Work in coordination with Learning & Development to assist with new employee onboarding/ orientation to foster positive attitude towards company goals
- Act as an advisor to call center employees and managers regarding employee relations issues and provide methods and suggestions on best way to resolve and move forward
- Coach managers in employee performance issues to include verbal, written or final written warnings
- Assist with implementation and maintenance of human resources policies and procedures while ensuring compliance to all local and federal laws
- Respond to unemployment filings and appeals as directed by the Human Resource Director
- Prepare employee separation notices and related documentation, and conduct exit interviews to determine reasons behind separations
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum 1 to 2 years of Human Resource Generalist experience
- Previous experience in Call Centers preferred
If you are a current Extra Space employee, please apply through the "Find Internal Career Openings" in Workday
Extra Space Storage is the second largest operator of self-storage facilities in the U.S. Since we were founded in 1977, we’ve taken the storage industry by storm. In 2015 alone we added 1.6 Billion dollars in new acquisitions to our already large property portfolio.
The cornerstone of Extra Space Storage is successful partnerships with our stakeholders, partners, investors and customers. Our goals are driven by an impassioned, dedicated workforce that thrives in the innovation driven corporate environment. We are the best, at getting better!
Our Team Makes Us EXTRAordinary
Knowledge is power and experience is valuable. This is why we strive to attract the best candidates for every position at Extra Space Storage. Every position is valuable to our success from our executive management team, corporate employees, on-site managers and call center team.
Offering a Career Path Paved with Innovation and Satisfaction
Attracting the best candidates in any field requires a commitment to job satisfaction. At Extra Space Storage, job satisfaction is high, this is why we have one of the best retention rates in the business. We know that our success depends on our team loving their jobs!
An Extra Space employee is number one valued and knows they are invaluable to the team, customer and company. Second they are passionate enjoying a challenging and rewarding career path armed with the tools they need to succeed. Add a fun work culture and spectacular offices makes Extra Space a pretty amazing place to work.