It is a really exciting time to be at Extra Space Storage! Extra Space Storage got its start in 1977. Between now and then, we’ve come a long way. Today we are a New York Stock Exchange-traded company leading the self-storage industry in more ways than one. But in order to maintain this lead, we need exceptionally motivated, capable, and driven people like you. We offer a fast-paced collaborative environment where each of us directly contributes to the company’s success. Come join our growing industry and find out why so many of our employees recommend Extra Space Storage as a great place to work.
The Instructional Designer and Developer is a key member of the Extra Space Storage Learning and Developing Team. This position assists in developing learning content that is created, maintained, and delivered via various means including: online learning, in-person training, and social media. The educational materials developed by the incumbent will maximize company strategic initiatives, as well as, departmental and individual goals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design engaging, effective courses and training to be delivered online via the Learning Management System (LMS) and in-person instructor-led training
- Create quizzes, tests, and guides to build and validate understanding of material covered in each lesson
- Work with subject matter experts across departments to gather and incorporate course content into deliverable formats
- Ensure instructional items are visually appealing, professional, free from errors, within strategic design, and delivered on time
- Define and implement design improvements, tools and technologies to enhance processes for learning execution
- Evaluate existing programs, and restructure where necessary
- Design new training processes and programs that incorporate new changes to policy or strategic initiative
- Continue to research new tools and technologies to keep learners engaged
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Bachelor’s Degree from a four-year college or university in Instructional Design, Psychology, English, Communications, or in a related field.
- A minimum of two years of experience developing professional learning strategies, online modules, in-person training, quizzes, surveys, exams, and other learning tools needed to proactively educate a broad workforce culture.
- Experience with Captivate or similar e-learning tools
- Experience with learning and development, learning management systems and social media platforms experience, preferably in a service or retail organization.
- Entrepreneurial, pro-active, "can-do" mentality and positive attitude.
If you are a current Extra Space employee, please apply through the "Find Internal Career Openings" in Workday
Extra Space Storage is the second largest operator of self-storage facilities in the U.S. Since we were founded in 1977, we’ve taken the storage industry by storm. In 2015 alone we added 1.6 Billion dollars in new acquisitions to our already large property portfolio.
The cornerstone of Extra Space Storage is successful partnerships with our stakeholders, partners, investors and customers. Our goals are driven by an impassioned, dedicated workforce that thrives in the innovation driven corporate environment. We are the best, at getting better!
Our Team Makes Us EXTRAordinary
Knowledge is power and experience is valuable. This is why we strive to attract the best candidates for every position at Extra Space Storage. Every position is valuable to our success from our executive management team, corporate employees, on-site managers and call center team.
Offering a Career Path Paved with Innovation and Satisfaction
Attracting the best candidates in any field requires a commitment to job satisfaction. At Extra Space Storage, job satisfaction is high, this is why we have one of the best retention rates in the business. We know that our success depends on our team loving their jobs!
An Extra Space employee is number one valued and knows they are invaluable to the team, customer and company. Second they are passionate enjoying a challenging and rewarding career path armed with the tools they need to succeed. Add a fun work culture and spectacular offices makes Extra Space a pretty amazing place to work.