IT Business Analyst
We are currently hiring for an IT Business Analyst at our corporate offices located in Salt Lake City, Utah. In this role, you will be embedded on an engineering team that is responsible for building enterprise software solutions that will improve the customer experience and contribute to Extra Space’s digital transformation. You will work directly with the Product Development team and other business stakeholders on a variety of different products. In addition to traditional Business Analyst responsibilities, you will also act as the Scrum Master for the engineering team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Consult with Product Managers and business stakeholders to gather information about system needs, objectives, functions, and features
· Analyze, define, and document requirements for data, workflow, logical processes and interfaces with other systems
· Write user stories, manage the product backlog, communicate priorities and report status
· Fulfill the role of Scrum Master: schedule and conduct Scrum meetings (Daily Standup, Backlog Grooming, Sprint Planning, Sprint Retrospective, Sprint Demo, etc.); manage commitments and scope of work for the engineering team; assist the team in implementing Scrum processes and continuous improvement; identity and facilitate removal of roadblocks for the team.
· Manage projects from initiation to successful production implementation and adoption by users or dependent systems
· Research and evaluate possible 3rd-party software and hardware to assist in designing solutions
Education and/or Experience:
· 2+ years of relevant experience
· Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Business Management, Computer Science, related field or equivalent work experience
· Ability to communicate clearly, both verbally and in writing
· Efficient at managing time and conducting effective meetings
· Good at building relationships with stakeholders and other teams
· Ability to delve into details and not allow things to slip through the cracks
· Experience with a project management system such as Jira
· Positive attitude, focused, team player
We pride ourselves on hiring top talent and provide you the following benefits and more:
· Well defined career paths
· Qualify for Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits on Day 1
· Health Savings Account (HSA) or Flexible Spending (FSA)
· Company paid Life, AD&D, and Short & Long Term Disability
· 401K with company match after 90 days of service
· Holiday pay and paid time off
· Extensive Wellness Program and various Employee Discount Programs
· Personal Health Advocate
· Onsite Fitness Center
· Free soda, coffee, and drinks all day every day and much, much more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
If you are a current Extra Space employee, please apply through the "Find Internal Career Openings" in Workday.
Extra Space Storage is the second largest operator of self-storage facilities in the U.S. Since we were founded in 1977, we’ve taken the storage industry by storm. In 2015 alone we added 1.6 Billion dollars in new acquisitions to our already large property portfolio.
The cornerstone of Extra Space Storage is successful partnerships with our stakeholders, partners, investors and customers. Our goals are driven by an impassioned, dedicated workforce that thrives in the innovation driven corporate environment. We are the best, at getting better!
Our Team Makes Us EXTRAordinary
Knowledge is power and experience is valuable. This is why we strive to attract the best candidates for every position at Extra Space Storage. Every position is valuable to our success from our executive management team, corporate employees, on-site managers and call center team.
Offering a Career Path Paved with Innovation and Satisfaction
Attracting the best candidates in any field requires a commitment to job satisfaction. At Extra Space Storage, job satisfaction is high, this is why we have one of the best retention rates in the business. We know that our success depends on our team loving their jobs!
An Extra Space employee is number one valued and knows they are invaluable to the team, customer and company. Second they are passionate enjoying a challenging and rewarding career path armed with the tools they need to succeed. Add a fun work culture and spectacular offices makes Extra Space a pretty amazing place to work.