IT Project Manager
It is a really exciting time to be at Extra Space Storage! We got our start in 1977. Today we are a New York Stock Exchange-traded company leading the self-storage industry in more ways than one. But in order to maintain this lead, we need exceptionally motivated, capable, and driven people like you. We offer a fast-paced collaborative environment where each of us directly contributes to the company’s success. Come join us and find out why Glassdoor recognized Extra Space as one of the top 100 companies to work for in 2018!
The IT Project Manager has a wide range of knowledge in IT and Telecom project operations. Qualified candidates must have previous experience working with working with technical teams and telecom vendors. Must have a project management background who has worked in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment. Strong verbal and written communication and computer skills are essential. The incumbent will participate in cross functional projects and ensure completion of project deliverables and objectives. The incumbent will be responsible for the administration of various telecommunication accounts nationwide and ensure an excellent quality of service for our stores.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage the IT deliverables for onboarding new Extra Space stores.
- Coordinate the migration and installation of IT, telecom and Internet communications services.
- Coordinate transfers of services and account management with telco vendors.
- Project lead cross-functional teams in IT and Telecommunications.
- Coordinate with 3rd party vendors to ensure completion of project deliverables are on time.
- Track and report on status of installation deliverables.
Education and/or Experience:
- Minimum 4 years of experience in IT project management with an emphasis in Telecommunications.
- Computer Science Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- Detail oriented and can manage multiple projects.
- Experience managing, contracts SLA and vendor relationships.
- Some travel may be required to attend conferences or travel to visit with stores (up to 2% of total time).
We pride ourselves on hiring top talent and provide the following benefits and more:
- Well defined career paths
- Qualify for Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits on Day 1
- Health Savings Account (HSA) or Flexible Spending (FSA)
- Company paid Life, AD&D, and Short & Long Term Disability
- 401K with company match after 90 days of service
- Holiday pay and paid time off
- Extensive Wellness Program and various Employee Discount Programs
- Personal Health Advocate
- On-site Fitness Center
- Free soda, coffee, and drinks all day every day and much, much more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
If you are a current Extra Space employee, please apply through the "Find Internal Career Openings" in Workday
Extra Space Storage is the second largest operator of self-storage facilities in the U.S. Since we were founded in 1977, we’ve taken the storage industry by storm. In 2015 alone we added 1.6 Billion dollars in new acquisitions to our already large property portfolio.
The cornerstone of Extra Space Storage is successful partnerships with our stakeholders, partners, investors and customers. Our goals are driven by an impassioned, dedicated workforce that thrives in the innovation driven corporate environment. We are the best, at getting better!
Our Team Makes Us EXTRAordinary
Knowledge is power and experience is valuable. This is why we strive to attract the best candidates for every position at Extra Space Storage. Every position is valuable to our success from our executive management team, corporate employees, on-site managers and call center team.
Offering a Career Path Paved with Innovation and Satisfaction
Attracting the best candidates in any field requires a commitment to job satisfaction. At Extra Space Storage, job satisfaction is high, this is why we have one of the best retention rates in the business. We know that our success depends on our team loving their jobs!
An Extra Space employee is number one valued and knows they are invaluable to the team, customer and company. Second they are passionate enjoying a challenging and rewarding career path armed with the tools they need to succeed. Add a fun work culture and spectacular offices makes Extra Space a pretty amazing place to work.