IT Security Engineer
It’s not easy being stuck in a job. Join a company that cares about you. We’re listed on multiple "Best Places to Work" awards including Forbes, and Glassdoor. We’re an S&P 500 company that hasn’t stopped growing since our founding in 1977. Self-storage is our product, helping people is our passion. Grow with us.
In this position, you’ll work closely with the IT operations teams on helping to secure, test, monitor and implement security best practices at the company.
*This position requires a hybrid of in-person and remote work
- Monitoring computer networks and systems for security issues.
- Investigating security breaches and other cyber security incidents.
- Documenting security breaches and assessing the damage they cause.
- Work with the security and operations teams to perform tests and uncover network vulnerabilities.
- Fix detected vulnerabilities to maintain a high-security standard.
- Perform penetration testing.
- Research security enhancements and make recommendations to management.
- Stay up to date on information technology trends and security standards.
- Perform security event analysis and intrusion detection. (IDS/IPS Incident response - triage, incident analysis/forensics, log reviews, and remediation)
- Proactively monitor and investigate network and other security alerts
- Track and report project status on a consistent basis, including identifying, categorizing, and escalating project issues and risks that need leadership attention.
- Experience in information security or related field.
- Experience with computer network penetration testing and techniques.
- Understanding of firewalls, SIEM, antivirus, and IDS/IPS concepts.
- Ability to identify and mitigate network vulnerabilities and explain how to avoid them.
- Effective communicator, positive attitude, a dedicated team player
- Experience with the following is preferred: Office 365, vmware, Windows Defender ATP, Tenable, Microsoft Sentinel, and system administration.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university, or three to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 2-4 years’ experience
If you are a current Extra Space employee, please apply through the "Find Internal Career Openings" in Workday.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.