Jr. Engineer, Operations
It is a really exciting time to be at Extra Space Storage! We got our start in 1977. Today we are a New York Stock Exchange-traded company leading the self-storage industry in more ways than one. But in order to maintain this lead, we need exceptionally motivated, capable, and driven people like you. We offer a fast-paced collaborative environment where each of us directly contributes to the company’s success. Come join us and find out why Glassdoor named Extra Space to their top 100 places to work in 2018!
We are currently hiring for a Jr. Operations Engineer at our corporate offices located in Salt Lake City, Utah. In this role, you will support systems and applications developed for any Operations function at Extra Space. This position works closely with process owners, business analysts, and developers to support and troubleshoot applications in production use.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identifies operational problems by observing and studying system functioning and performance results; investigating complaints and suggestions; completing troubleshooting procedures.
- Initiate continuous process improvements to improve operational effectiveness.
- Provide technical support and guidance on operations validation, development and implementation.
- Provide support to operations team in achieving business goals.
- Provide third tier support to helpdesk on identifying and fixing issues
- Support the start-up and integration of new operations projects
- Improves operational quality results by studying, evaluating, and recommending process re-design; implementing changes; contributing information and opinion to development teams
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree from a four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Should be technically savvy, self-motivated and flexible.
- Excellent communication skills a must.
- Basic understanding of Object Oriented Programming Languages
We pride ourselves on hiring top talent and provide you the following benefits and more:
- Well defined career paths
- Qualify for Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits on Day 1
- Health Savings Account (HSA) or Flexible Spending (FSA)
- Company paid Life, AD&D, and Short & Long Term Disability
- 401K with company match after 90 days of service
- Holiday pay and paid time off
- Extensive Wellness Program and various Employee Discount Programs
- Personal Health Advocate
- Onsite Fitness Center
- Free soda, coffee, and drinks all day every day and much, much more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
If you are a current Extra Space employee, please apply through the "Find Internal Career Openings" in Workday
Extra Space Storage is the second largest operator of self-storage facilities in the U.S. Since we were founded in 1977, we’ve taken the storage industry by storm. In 2015 alone we added 1.6 Billion dollars in new acquisitions to our already large property portfolio.
The cornerstone of Extra Space Storage is successful partnerships with our stakeholders, partners, investors and customers. Our goals are driven by an impassioned, dedicated workforce that thrives in the innovation driven corporate environment. We are the best, at getting better!
Our Team Makes Us EXTRAordinary
Knowledge is power and experience is valuable. This is why we strive to attract the best candidates for every position at Extra Space Storage. Every position is valuable to our success from our executive management team, corporate employees, on-site managers and call center team.
Offering a Career Path Paved with Innovation and Satisfaction
Attracting the best candidates in any field requires a commitment to job satisfaction. At Extra Space Storage, job satisfaction is high, this is why we have one of the best retention rates in the business. We know that our success depends on our team loving their jobs!
An Extra Space employee is number one valued and knows they are invaluable to the team, customer and company. Second they are passionate enjoying a challenging and rewarding career path armed with the tools they need to succeed. Add a fun work culture and spectacular offices makes Extra Space a pretty amazing place to work.