Learning and Development Manager
It is an exciting time to be at Extra Space. We have been featured on multiple "Best Places to Work" awards, including Forbes and Glassdoor. We’re an S&P 500 company that hasn’t stopped growing since our founding in 1977. Today we are leading the self-storage industry in more ways than one, but in order to maintain this lead, we need exceptionally motivated, capable, and driven people like you. Self-storage is our product, helping people is our passion. Come grow with us and find out why so many of our employees recommend us as a great place to work.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
By collaborating with division management, the Regional Training Manager executes a learning strategy for the division. This includes assessment of existing programs, and analysis of gaps. This is a high impact role requiring a strong, decisive, results-oriented leader who can develop, coach, and manage relationships across the division and with a wide variety of partners based on trust, teamwork, and knowledge.
- Drive corporate initiatives and values through learning and development.
- Instill a performance consulting mentality in the division.
- Create developmental plans for teams and individuals. Effectively manage learning resources necessary to implement these plans.
- Manage the delivery of training and performance support solutions including new hire, management, team, technical, sales, service and training to support company and division objectives.
- Manage training support functions. Drive creative and aggressive improvements in training time to competency and performance execution.
- Build strong relationships with internal partners. Implement learning programs that will drive desired results.
- Influence and contribute to building a service culture in the business. Instill processes and tools that will drive consistent service delivery and common service behaviors across the division.
- Measure the impact of various learning programs to ensure the appropriate business outcome is derived. Assess opportunities for continued improvement, set goals and establish metrics for success.
- Define and implement process improvements, tools and technology to enhance processes for learning execution.
- Up to 50% travel required.
Education and/or Experience:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The incumbent must have current Driver’s License to facilitate travel throughout the division organization.
- Bachelor’s Degree strongly preferred. A minimum of three years training experience, preferably with a service or retail organization with a dispersed workforce.
- Comprehensive knowledge of learning and development principles including familiarity with technology based learning, skill development, and change management.
- Credibility to influence and coach employees, peers and executive management. Able to establish and maintain collaborative partnerships across the division.
- Able to work in a fast-paced, highly matrixed environment; establish priorities and achieve results.
- Client focused to ensure that customer needs are built into solutions and processes.
- Excellent strategic and process thinking abilities.
- Results driven and metrics focused.
- Strong business acumen.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Professional executive demeanor; decisive with highly versatile interpersonal skills.
- Unquestionable business and personal integrity.
If you are a current Extra Space employee, please apply through the "Find Internal Career Openings" in Workday.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.