Learning Design & Content Manager
- Manage a team of Instructional Design Developers to execute the development of learning projects defined and prioritized by the Director of Learning Technology and Design.
- Collaborate with project stakeholders to understand specific business needs and performance gaps before executing the development of performance-improving training solutions.
- Manage multiple instructional design projects to ensure projects remain on time throughout all phases of course development.
- Ensure instructional items are delivered high-quality, free from errors, and within strategic design and scope.
- Build relationship with internal customers and project stakeholders while managing expectations, communicating status, and resolving open issues.
- Manage the day-to-day technical and operational support for the company’s online learning platforms including the LMS.
- Assess opportunities for continued improvement, set goals and establish metrics for success.
- Continue to research new tools, technologies, methodologies to keep audiences engaged and motivated to change behaviors to meet business goals.
- Experience successfully managing all phases of a project’s development lifecycle in the instructional design industry, preferably corporate and employee training-based projects - from early scoping, estimating and planning activities through execution, delivery, and post-project reviews.
- Experience with detailed project performance monitoring and reporting is required.
- Familiarity with online course development tools such as Captivate or Storyline is required.
- Experience in learning projects related to retail and sales training is a plus.
- Experience with WalkMe, Workday Learning LMS, AR/VR projects is a plus.
- Candidates must also be:
- An excellent communicator able to tailor both verbal and written information for a variety of audiences.
- Detail-oriented with exceptional organizational, documentation, and process improvement skills.
- A creative and collaborative problem-solver capable of analyzing complex challenges and proposing well-considered options.
- Continuously focused on controlling project risks and protecting outcomes.
- Able to re-forecast and pivot projects as needed.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Instructional Design, Psychology, Communications, or related field
- Minimum three years experience designing and developing learning strategies
- Minimum two years experience managing a team of instructional developers or equivalent experience
- PMP or equivalent certification a plus
If you are a current Extra Space employee, please apply through the "Find Internal Career Openings" in Workday.
Extra Space Storage is the second largest operator of self-storage facilities in the U.S. Since we were founded in 1977, we’ve taken the storage industry by storm. In 2015 alone we added 1.6 Billion dollars in new acquisitions to our already large property portfolio.
The cornerstone of Extra Space Storage is successful partnerships with our stakeholders, partners, investors and customers. Our goals are driven by an impassioned, dedicated workforce that thrives in the innovation driven corporate environment. We are the best, at getting better!
Our Team Makes Us EXTRAordinary
Knowledge is power and experience is valuable. This is why we strive to attract the best candidates for every position at Extra Space Storage. Every position is valuable to our success from our executive management team, corporate employees, on-site managers and call center team.
Offering a Career Path Paved with Innovation and Satisfaction
Attracting the best candidates in any field requires a commitment to job satisfaction. At Extra Space Storage, job satisfaction is high, this is why we have one of the best retention rates in the business. We know that our success depends on our team loving their jobs!
An Extra Space employee is number one valued and knows they are invaluable to the team, customer and company. Second they are passionate enjoying a challenging and rewarding career path armed with the tools they need to succeed. Add a fun work culture and spectacular offices makes Extra Space a pretty amazing place to work.