Provides day to day support to attorneys and paralegals within the Legal Department. May assist other corporate departments with projects that affect the Legal Department. Under limited circumstances may provide support to field employees, including site employees and district managers. Under general supervision, performs advanced legal administrative support functions, some of which are confidential in nature.
* Primary duties will center around operations' policies and procedures
* Assist with Board of Directors meetings, including preparation of meeting documents
* Exercise considerable judgment and discretion in coordinating and integrating schedules for corporate executives, tracking deadlines and key dates for departments, preparing agendas and routing telephone calls
* Manage supervisors calendar and independently schedule appointments
* Screen incoming calls and correspondence and respond independently, when possible
* Prepare memorandums outlining and explaining administrative procedures and policies to supervisory workers and monitor compliance
* Comply with accounting procedures in processing bills and other accounts payable
* Electronic and/or hard copy filing of legal documentation and other company documents
* Create and maintain database and spreadsheet files
* Thorough knowledge and strong skills in a variety of computer applications including: word processing, spreadsheet creation, and database program capabilities to determine best approach for assigned projects
* Working knowledge of a wide-variety of automated office systems, machines, and equipment
* Must be able to type 50-60 wpm minimums
* Possess ability to organize work and prioritize effectively to make best use of time and resources
* Ability to quickly identify issues and use problem solving skills
* Exercises considerable judgment and discretion in coordinating and integrating schedules for corporate executives, tracking deadlines and key dates for departments, preparing agendas and routing telephone calls
Education and Experience
* High school graduate or GED is required for this position
* Minimum two years of experience providing a wide variety of legal administrative/business support functions
If you are a current Extra Space employee, please apply through the "Find Internal Career Openings" in Workday.
Extra Space Storage is the second largest operator of self-storage facilities in the U.S. Since we were founded in 1977, we’ve taken the storage industry by storm. In 2015 alone we added 1.6 Billion dollars in new acquisitions to our already large property portfolio.
The cornerstone of Extra Space Storage is successful partnerships with our stakeholders, partners, investors and customers. Our goals are driven by an impassioned, dedicated workforce that thrives in the innovation driven corporate environment. We are the best, at getting better!
Our Team Makes Us EXTRAordinary
Knowledge is power and experience is valuable. This is why we strive to attract the best candidates for every position at Extra Space Storage. Every position is valuable to our success from our executive management team, corporate employees, on-site managers and call center team.
Offering a Career Path Paved with Innovation and Satisfaction
Attracting the best candidates in any field requires a commitment to job satisfaction. At Extra Space Storage, job satisfaction is high, this is why we have one of the best retention rates in the business. We know that our success depends on our team loving their jobs!
An Extra Space employee is number one valued and knows they are invaluable to the team, customer and company. Second they are passionate enjoying a challenging and rewarding career path armed with the tools they need to succeed. Add a fun work culture and spectacular offices makes Extra Space a pretty amazing place to work.