Legal Operations Coordinator
It is a really exciting time to be at Extra Space Storage! We got our start in 1977. Today we are a New York Stock Exchange-traded company leading the self-storage industry in more ways than one. But in order to maintain this lead, we need exceptionally motivated, capable, and driven people like you. We offer a fast-paced collaborative environment where each of us directly contributes to the company’s success. Come join us and find out why so many of our employees recommend Extra Space Storage as a great place to work.
Extra Space Storage is currently hiring for a Legal Operations Coordinator at our corporate offices in Salt Lake City, UT. The Legal Operations Coordinator position provides ongoing legal support and coordinates various legal initiatives within the department from the Store Support Center. The incumbent will work under the direction of in-house counsel assuming the duties to ensure smooth operation and overall success of division operations and company policies, procedures, legal requirements, and strategic goals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide legal assistance to site teams, DMs, and Store Support Center in problem solving
- Customer service oriented to help handle escalated customer issues involving legal elements
- Respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Give guidance to operations teams relating to state lien law and company policy and procedures
- Support in-house counsel in various legal duties, including letter drafting, legal research, filing, and other administrative duties
Education and/or Experience:
- High School diploma or GED required; Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Experience in a legal, operations support, and\or analysis role preferred.
- Strong knowledge of and strong skill-set for a variety of computer applications, including: Microsoft Office applications including word processing, spreadsheet, email and database program capabilities to determine best approach for assigned project.
- Ability to multi-task and to prioritize issues
- Strong organizational and communication skills and ability to present ideas and logic in a clear, concise and informative format
We pride ourselves on hiring top talent and provide the following benefits and more:
- Well defined career paths
- Qualify for Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits on Day 1
- Health Savings Account (HSA) or Flexible Spending (FSA)
- Company paid Life, AD&D, and Short & Long Term Disability
- 401K with company match after 90 days of service
- Holiday pay and paid time off
- Extensive Wellness Program and various Employee Discount Programs
- On-site Fitness Center
- Personal Health Advocate
- Free soda, coffee, and drinks all day every day and much, much more!
If you are dedicated with a positive attitude we invite you to come join our team. Employment is contingent on successful completion of a background and drug screening.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
If you are a current Extra Space employee, please apply through the "Find Internal Career Openings" in Workday
Extra Space Storage is the second largest operator of self-storage facilities in the U.S. Since we were founded in 1977, we’ve taken the storage industry by storm. In 2015 alone we added 1.6 Billion dollars in new acquisitions to our already large property portfolio.
The cornerstone of Extra Space Storage is successful partnerships with our stakeholders, partners, investors and customers. Our goals are driven by an impassioned, dedicated workforce that thrives in the innovation driven corporate environment. We are the best, at getting better!
Our Team Makes Us EXTRAordinary
Knowledge is power and experience is valuable. This is why we strive to attract the best candidates for every position at Extra Space Storage. Every position is valuable to our success from our executive management team, corporate employees, on-site managers and call center team.
Offering a Career Path Paved with Innovation and Satisfaction
Attracting the best candidates in any field requires a commitment to job satisfaction. At Extra Space Storage, job satisfaction is high, this is why we have one of the best retention rates in the business. We know that our success depends on our team loving their jobs!
An Extra Space employee is number one valued and knows they are invaluable to the team, customer and company. Second they are passionate enjoying a challenging and rewarding career path armed with the tools they need to succeed. Add a fun work culture and spectacular offices makes Extra Space a pretty amazing place to work.