Machine Learning Engineer / Data Science Engineer
Responsible for building and deploying advanced analytics systems into production. Responsible for maintaining the environments and software for ongoing maintenance of these systems. Familiar with database structures, statistical modelling, software engineering best practices.
- Builds and deploys scalable analytical systems
- Develops data science proof-of-concept models into production-ready applications. Follows industry standard principles on software development
- Builds data science applications related to text-based search, and audio & video recordings
- Uses statistical modeling or A/B testing approaches to evaluate algorithmic improvements to model
- Executes on technical roadmap for data science products
- Performs systems analysis, interprets the findings from it and explains the finding to business audience to improve products such as revenue management system, and paid search bidding system
- Documents assigned aspects of projects including business objectives, data gathering and processing, leading approaches, final algorithm, detailed set of results and analytical metrics
- Proven analytical skills with data driven decision-making skills
- Ability to manage large data sets, develop data pipelines
- SQL programming skills. Python or R programming skills
- Team player with excellent collaboration skills
- Highly motivated and high level of energy and enthusiasm
- Prior experience with cloud technologies will be a plus
Education and Experience
- A Master’s Degree in computer science, mathematics, statistics, finance, economics, or other engineering;
Requires 3+ years experience in deploying advanced analytics solutions to drive business outcomes.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
If you are a current Extra Space employee, please apply through the "Find Internal Career Openings" in Workday.
Extra Space Storage is the second largest operator of self-storage facilities in the U.S. Since we were founded in 1977, we’ve taken the storage industry by storm. In 2015 alone we added 1.6 Billion dollars in new acquisitions to our already large property portfolio.
The cornerstone of Extra Space Storage is successful partnerships with our stakeholders, partners, investors and customers. Our goals are driven by an impassioned, dedicated workforce that thrives in the innovation driven corporate environment. We are the best, at getting better!
Our Team Makes Us EXTRAordinary
Knowledge is power and experience is valuable. This is why we strive to attract the best candidates for every position at Extra Space Storage. Every position is valuable to our success from our executive management team, corporate employees, on-site managers and call center team.
Offering a Career Path Paved with Innovation and Satisfaction
Attracting the best candidates in any field requires a commitment to job satisfaction. At Extra Space Storage, job satisfaction is high, this is why we have one of the best retention rates in the business. We know that our success depends on our team loving their jobs!
An Extra Space employee is number one valued and knows they are invaluable to the team, customer and company. Second they are passionate enjoying a challenging and rewarding career path armed with the tools they need to succeed. Add a fun work culture and spectacular offices makes Extra Space a pretty amazing place to work.