Extra Space Storage is the fastest-growing storage company with over 2,000 stores nationwide. You will be part of a diverse team with an excellent company culture. We offer competitive wages, a great work/life balance, and career and development opportunities.
We are looking for a Maintenance Specialist that will demonstrate entry-level knowledge of basic building maintenance and some trade support, i.e., basic electrical, plumbing, masonry, custodial, carpentry, painting, doors, roofs, golf carts, etc. The position provides services for single or multiple locations within a District.
Benefits We Offer You
- A work/life balance with a 5-day workweek and steady work hours.
- Outstanding company culture with growth opportunities throughout the U.S.
- Competitive starting pay + monthly bonus opportunity
- Paid Time Off accrued throughout the year, increasing with years of service
- Generous 401(k) match with Traditional and/or ROTH choices
- Affordable medical benefit options with up to a $1k annual Health Savings Account employer contribution
- EXTRA Healthy Wellness Program with rewards towards your medical premium
- Education support program (pursuit of bachelor’s degree)
- BenefitHub discounts: apparel, auto, electronics, entertainment, pets, travel, etc.
- Ensures Extra Clean standards for offices, restrooms, exterior areas, company units, hallways, etc.
- Cleans vacated units on a timely basis (examines units to ensure that doors, latches, and alarms are functional)
- Makes pest control inspections and takes appropriate actions
- Ensures compliance with safety standards when handling and storing chemicals and cleaners
- Communicates well with District Management, Store Manager, Assistant Manager Team, and Facilities Management Teams
- Proficient in professional verbal and written communication with 3rd Party Vendors with the ability to procure maintenance bids when necessary
- Monitors the physical condition of the facility and reports maintenance requirements and potential equipment failures to the Store Manager
- Performs minor plumbing, electrical, and nonstructural carpentry repairs and replacements on doors, fences, and buildings as required.
- Performs touch up painting and landscape maintenance on the property
- Ensures the facility has sufficient supplies on hand to fulfill job duties
- Displays and represents company values daily and adheres to uniform and hygiene standards
- Demonstrates a general knowledge of site management, including customer service skills and daily operational knowledge
- Performs independently on assigned duties and cooperate with team members
- Maintains a safe environment for employees and customers
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalent
- 3-6 months of related experience and/or training
- Driver’s License and access to reliable transportation
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.