Working for Extra Space Storage, you will have the opportunity to be part of a diverse team with excellent company culture. Extra Space Storage was listed in the Top 100 Best Places to Work for in 2020 on Glassdoor. We are the fastest-growing storage company with over 2,000 locations nationwide and can provide you with incredible career and development opportunities.
We are looking for a Maintenance Worker that will demonstrate entry-level knowledge of basic building maintenance and some trade support, i.e., basic electrical, plumbing, masonry, custodial, carpentry, painting, doors, roofs, golf carts, etc. The position provides services for single or multiple locations within a District.
Benefits We Offer You
- Outstanding company culture; including steady work hours and work/life balance
- Competitive starting pay
- Paid Time Off accrued throughout the year, increasing with years of service
- Career opportunities throughout the United States
- Generous 401(k) match with Traditional and/or ROTH choices
- Affordable Health Insurance/medical benefit options with up to a $1,000 annual Health Savings Account employer contribution
- EXTRA Healthy Wellness program that includes the potential for $70 each month in credits towards your medical premium and $100 in annual rewards for participation
- Education support program (pursuit of bachelor’s degree)
- BenefitHub discounts: apparel, auto, electronics, entertainment, pets, travel, etc.
- Ensures that company standards of cleanliness and appearance are met or exceeded in offices, restrooms, exterior areas, company units, hallways, etc.
- Cleans vacated units on a timely basis (examines units to ensure that doors, latches, and alarms are functional)Makes pest control inspections and takes appropriate actions
- Ensures that the safe handling and storage of chemicals and cleaners used in performing duties is in compliance with safety standards
- Monitors the physical condition of the facility and reports maintenance requirements and potential equipment failures to the Store Manager
- Performs minor nonstructural carpentry repairs and replacements on doors, fences, and buildings as required. May also do minor plumbing and electrical repairs
- Performs touch up painting and landscape maintenance on the property
- Ensures the facility has sufficient supplies on hand to fulfill job duties
- Demonstrates a general knowledge of site management that includes customer service skills and daily operational knowledge
- Performs other duties as assigned; works with minimum direct supervision; operates effectively on a team
- Maintains a safe environment for employees and customers
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalent
- 3-6 months of related experience and/or training
- Driver’s License and access to reliable transportation
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
If you are a current Extra Space employee, please apply through the "Find Internal Career Openings" in Workday.
Extra Space Storage is the second largest operator of self-storage facilities in the U.S. Since we were founded in 1977, we’ve taken the storage industry by storm. In 2015 alone we added 1.6 Billion dollars in new acquisitions to our already large property portfolio.
The cornerstone of Extra Space Storage is successful partnerships with our stakeholders, partners, investors and customers. Our goals are driven by an impassioned, dedicated workforce that thrives in the innovation driven corporate environment. We are the best, at getting better!
Our Team Makes Us EXTRAordinary
Knowledge is power and experience is valuable. This is why we strive to attract the best candidates for every position at Extra Space Storage. Every position is valuable to our success from our executive management team, corporate employees, on-site managers and call center team.
Offering a Career Path Paved with Innovation and Satisfaction
Attracting the best candidates in any field requires a commitment to job satisfaction. At Extra Space Storage, job satisfaction is high, this is why we have one of the best retention rates in the business. We know that our success depends on our team loving their jobs!
An Extra Space employee is number one valued and knows they are invaluable to the team, customer and company. Second they are passionate enjoying a challenging and rewarding career path armed with the tools they need to succeed. Add a fun work culture and spectacular offices makes Extra Space a pretty amazing place to work.