It is a really exciting time to be at Extra Space Storage! We got our start in 1977. Today we are a New York Stock Exchange-traded company leading the self-storage industry in more ways than one. But in order to maintain this lead, we need exceptionally motivated, capable, and driven people like you. We offer a fast-paced collaborative environment where each of us directly contributes to the company’s success. Come join us and find out why Glassdoor recognized Extra Space as one of their top 100 companies to work for in 2018!
We’re currently hiring for a Multimedia Designer to work at our corporate offices in Salt Lake City, UT. In this role, you will help move the visual consistency of the brand forward through creating digital and physical designs along with short-form videos. You will be relied upon to visually translate often-complex investment and industry jargon into engaging, compelling design. Projects that you will have an immediate impact on include, but are not limited to: email banners, PowerPoint presentations, social media assets, brochures, business collateral, interactive newsletters, trade show graphics, web graphics, and development of informational graphics such as graphs and charts.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Liaison between client department and brand creative services team to coordinate the development and approval of corporate and department-specific communication design (including print, digital media, and video)
- Assists with the design of marketing pieces for promotional activities including print, online, electronic media, and video
- Meet with internal clients to establish a vision for a product, design or video
- Establishes and maintains a consistent corporate image throughout all departments, promotional materials, and events
- Develops material for company websites, web portals, etc.
- Monitors competitor products and activities related to branding; prepares related reporting to continuously improve branding strategy
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending design workshops; reviewing professional publications; participating in professional societies
- Provide feedback to management concerning possible problems or areas of improvement
- Shoot and edit video, create motion graphics, correct and grade color, and export audio and video using Adobe Premiere and After Effects
- Produce videos quickly, test/develop new ideas, and maintain a fast-paced production output.
- Generate ideas for, and experiment with, new formats and content types.
- Understanding of UX/UI principals, hierarchy and responsive design / e-commerce experience is a plus
- Update and communicate brand guidelines and parameters to company
- Working knowledge in E-mail design to drive engagement and conversions (Experience with Selligent or other email platforms is a plus)
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in advertising, graphic design, marketing or related discipline
- Extensive experience with Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign and Premiere
- Design experience in Microsoft Office Powerpoint, Word and Excel
- 1-3 years in professional commercial design, preferably in a corporate or agency setting
- 1-3 years video production experience
- Experience working with WordPress templates a plus
- Adaptive design eye and skill
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent project management skills
- Ability to absorb and apply constructive criticism from peers and clients
- Harry Potter fanatic
We pride ourselves on hiring top talent and provide the following benefits and more:
- Well defined career paths
- Qualify for Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits on Day 1
- Health Savings Account (HSA) or Flexible Spending (FSA)
- Company paid Life, AD&D, and Short & Long Term Disability
- 401K with company match after 90 days of service
- Holiday pay and paid time off
- Extensive Wellness Program and various Employee Discount Programs
- Personal Health Advocate
- Onsite Fitness Center
- Free soda, coffee, and drinks all day every day and much, much more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
If you are a current Extra Space employee, please apply through the "Find Internal Career Openings" in Workday
Extra Space Storage is the second largest operator of self-storage facilities in the U.S. Since we were founded in 1977, we’ve taken the storage industry by storm. In 2015 alone we added 1.6 Billion dollars in new acquisitions to our already large property portfolio.
The cornerstone of Extra Space Storage is successful partnerships with our stakeholders, partners, investors and customers. Our goals are driven by an impassioned, dedicated workforce that thrives in the innovation driven corporate environment. We are the best, at getting better!
Our Team Makes Us EXTRAordinary
Knowledge is power and experience is valuable. This is why we strive to attract the best candidates for every position at Extra Space Storage. Every position is valuable to our success from our executive management team, corporate employees, on-site managers and call center team.
Offering a Career Path Paved with Innovation and Satisfaction
Attracting the best candidates in any field requires a commitment to job satisfaction. At Extra Space Storage, job satisfaction is high, this is why we have one of the best retention rates in the business. We know that our success depends on our team loving their jobs!
An Extra Space employee is number one valued and knows they are invaluable to the team, customer and company. Second they are passionate enjoying a challenging and rewarding career path armed with the tools they need to succeed. Add a fun work culture and spectacular offices makes Extra Space a pretty amazing place to work.