It is a really exciting time to be at Extra Space Storage! We got our start in 1977. Today we are a New York Stock Exchange-traded company leading the self-storage industry in more ways than one. But in order to maintain this lead, we need exceptionally motivated, capable, and driven people like you. We offer a fast-paced collaborative environment where each of us directly contributes to the company’s success. Come join us and find out why so many of our employees recommend Extra Space Storage as a great place to work.
We’re currently hiring for an Operations Specialist to work at our corporate offices in Salt Lake City, UT. The Operations Specialist plays an integral role in onboarding all newly acquired and managed self-storage assets onto the Extra Space platform. This position will work with the Onboarding Manager to build systems to initiate and track the entire onboarding process. This position will work hand-in-hand with partners and all Extra Space departments proactively addressing onboarding issues from the business development stage through the hand-off to Operations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Creating and overseeing the process for newly acquired and managed stores
- Maintaining excellent communication and customer service to Extra Space departments and external partners
- Prioritizing partner and site requests regarding transition issues
- Develop and implement a process to ensure completion of all tasks and analysis of site performance post-transition
- Specific responsibilities related to the transitions include: keeping all parties on time and on task, coordinating with sellers in gathering and dispersing information, monitor transition tasks to ensure all are completed prior to onboarding
- Order supplies and equipment necessary for the new site and track it to make sure they are received timely
- Ability to act as a representative of Extra Space to partners, employees and vendors, tracking and updating systems to maintain integrity of the process, etc.
- Requires the ability to drive a project to completion
- Requires strong attention to detail, creativity in building processes, as well as maintaining relationships and representing company interests
- It is critical for this position to think "outside the box" and creatively find alternative solutions to issues that arise
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree from a four year university or college is preferred.
- Ability to effectively produce and present information using both strong interpersonal skills and PowerPoint tools, as well as, respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, and customers.
- Thorough knowledge of and strong skill-set for a variety of computer applications, including: Microsoft office applications including word processing, spreadsheet, email and database program capabilities to determine best approach for assigned project. Knowledge of a wide variety of automated office systems, machines and equipment.
- Ability to question, improve existing processes and proactively take creative license to suggest and improve those processes.
- Demonstrable ability to organize work for multiple transitions and departments and prioritize effectively.
- Highly effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Process and detail oriented; problem solving attitude.
- Strong customer service skills and awareness.
We pride ourselves on hiring top talent and provide the following benefits and more:
- Well defined career paths
- Qualify for Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits on Day 1
- Health Savings Account (HSA) or Flexible Spending (FSA)
- Company paid Life, AD&D, and Short & Long Term Disability
- 401K with company match after 90 days of service
- Holiday pay and paid time off
- Extensive Wellness Program and various Employee Discount Programs
- Personal Health Advocate
- Free soda, coffee, and drinks all day every day and much, much more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
If you are a current Extra Space employee, please apply through the "Find Internal Career Openings" in Workday.
Extra Space Storage is the second largest operator of self-storage facilities in the U.S. Since we were founded in 1977, we’ve taken the storage industry by storm. In 2015 alone we added 1.6 Billion dollars in new acquisitions to our already large property portfolio.
The cornerstone of Extra Space Storage is successful partnerships with our stakeholders, partners, investors and customers. Our goals are driven by an impassioned, dedicated workforce that thrives in the innovation driven corporate environment. We are the best, at getting better!
Our Team Makes Us EXTRAordinary
Knowledge is power and experience is valuable. This is why we strive to attract the best candidates for every position at Extra Space Storage. Every position is valuable to our success from our executive management team, corporate employees, on-site managers and call center team.
Offering a Career Path Paved with Innovation and Satisfaction
Attracting the best candidates in any field requires a commitment to job satisfaction. At Extra Space Storage, job satisfaction is high, this is why we have one of the best retention rates in the business. We know that our success depends on our team loving their jobs!
An Extra Space employee is number one valued and knows they are invaluable to the team, customer and company. Second they are passionate enjoying a challenging and rewarding career path armed with the tools they need to succeed. Add a fun work culture and spectacular offices makes Extra Space a pretty amazing place to work.