The Outsystem Developer works closely with business teams to understand requirements, design, and develop solutions that optimize business processes and empower employees and customers to provide best in class services. Extra Space offers a creative, supportive environment where new ideas are encouraged and rewarded.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead development of business applications on our OutSystems platform.
- Help design, develop, test, implement and maintain all business applications that fall under your responsibility.
- Form a partnership with the business teams to understand their processes and collaborate to design and develop solutions.
- Participate and lead large projects while coordinating with multiple teams.
- Manage multiple projects at once, prioritizing your time appropriately.
- Work alongside other Engineers and Business Analysts to elevate technology and consistently apply best practices.
- Follow corporate and departmental standards and processes.
- Write and maintain technical documentation.
- Research, evaluate and recommend software and hardware to assist in programming or to use as program platforms.
- Provide technical assistance by responding to inquiries from others regarding errors, problems, or questions about systems.
- Mentor and work with other team members to improve their skills and help deliver business outcomes.
Desired Job Specifications
- OutSystems developer certifications
- Experience with DevOps and deployment methods of promoting OutSystems changes to multiple environments.
- Familiarity with DevOps technologies for deploying solutions using Octopus, TeamCity, AWS, or Azure.
Required Job Specifications
- 3+ years’ experience on OutSystems development platform.
- Strong hands-on experience developing OutSystems web and mobile applications.
- Experience with integrations (inbound/outbound) on OutSystems.
- Skills required in the following technologies (6+ years): OutSystems, C#, Java, and T-SQL.
- Ability to match UX/UI guidelines to meet the business requirements.
- Capable of delivering on multiple competing priorities with little supervision.
- Experience with Scrum/Agile development methodologies.
- Excellent communication skills a must.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions.
- Motivated, self-starter that can deliver solutions with little direction.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university, or six or more years related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
If you are a current Extra Space employee, please apply through the "Find Internal Career Openings" in Workday.
Extra Space Storage is the second largest operator of self-storage facilities in the U.S. Since we were founded in 1977, we’ve taken the storage industry by storm. In 2015 alone we added 1.6 Billion dollars in new acquisitions to our already large property portfolio.
The cornerstone of Extra Space Storage is successful partnerships with our stakeholders, partners, investors and customers. Our goals are driven by an impassioned, dedicated workforce that thrives in the innovation driven corporate environment. We are the best, at getting better!
Our Team Makes Us EXTRAordinary
Knowledge is power and experience is valuable. This is why we strive to attract the best candidates for every position at Extra Space Storage. Every position is valuable to our success from our executive management team, corporate employees, on-site managers and call center team.
Offering a Career Path Paved with Innovation and Satisfaction
Attracting the best candidates in any field requires a commitment to job satisfaction. At Extra Space Storage, job satisfaction is high, this is why we have one of the best retention rates in the business. We know that our success depends on our team loving their jobs!
An Extra Space employee is number one valued and knows they are invaluable to the team, customer and company. Second they are passionate enjoying a challenging and rewarding career path armed with the tools they need to succeed. Add a fun work culture and spectacular offices makes Extra Space a pretty amazing place to work.