Procurement Category Manager
At Extra Space Storage, if it matters to you, it matters to us!
It is a really exciting time to be at Extra Space Storage! We got our start in 1977. Today we are a New York Stock Exchange-traded company leading the self-storage industry in more ways than one. But in order to maintain this lead, we need exceptionally motivated, capable, and driven people like you. We offer a fast-paced collaborative environment where each of us directly contributes to the company’s success. Come join us and find out why so many of our employees recommend us as a great place to work.
We're currently hiring for a Procurement Category Manager at our corporate offices in Salt Lake City, UT. In this position, you will oversee supplier relationships and manage programs covering service and product categories such as; lighting , elevators, vehicle fleet services, and retail merchandise. You will be part of supportive team that seeks a candidate that will help drive change through a collaborative, thoughtful approach to their categories.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- On an ongoing basis, monitor, evaluate, and work to improve service levels of assigned suppliers
- Drive lower costs while maintaining and improving supplier performance
- Schedule and conduct regular supplier business reviews with strategic suppliers
- Support field operations with the highest level of customer service and responsiveness
- Design and implement category strategies to optimize business efficiency
- Maintain ordering platforms to ensure a good user experience
- Manage and execute strategic sourcing initiatives related to assigned categories
- Publish and manage RFP’s for current and potential new purchases
- Negotiate service and product contracts
- Promote efficiency through facility communications and training
- Develop and maintain performance reporting for distribution to company management
- Perform other duties as assigned
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in Procurement, Sourcing and/or Facilities Services
- Strong project management skills with the ability to lead and prioritize activities
- Intermediate knowledge and experience in spreadsheet formatting, including, but not limited to Microsoft Office/Excel.
- Preferred experience managing national elevator accounts and other facility related categories
- Proven negotiation skills
- Self-motivated and able to perform duties with minimal supervision
- Ability to interact positively with external and internal customers
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
If you are a current Extra Space employee, please apply through the "Find Internal Career Openings" in Workday.
Extra Space Storage is the second largest operator of self-storage facilities in the U.S. Since we were founded in 1977, we’ve taken the storage industry by storm. In 2015 alone we added 1.6 Billion dollars in new acquisitions to our already large property portfolio.
The cornerstone of Extra Space Storage is successful partnerships with our stakeholders, partners, investors and customers. Our goals are driven by an impassioned, dedicated workforce that thrives in the innovation driven corporate environment. We are the best, at getting better!
Our Team Makes Us EXTRAordinary
Knowledge is power and experience is valuable. This is why we strive to attract the best candidates for every position at Extra Space Storage. Every position is valuable to our success from our executive management team, corporate employees, on-site managers and call center team.
Offering a Career Path Paved with Innovation and Satisfaction
Attracting the best candidates in any field requires a commitment to job satisfaction. At Extra Space Storage, job satisfaction is high, this is why we have one of the best retention rates in the business. We know that our success depends on our team loving their jobs!
An Extra Space employee is number one valued and knows they are invaluable to the team, customer and company. Second they are passionate enjoying a challenging and rewarding career path armed with the tools they need to succeed. Add a fun work culture and spectacular offices makes Extra Space a pretty amazing place to work.